2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Impressive
By pwhopkins1 on 11/30/13 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Mazda has really put the full package together with the new 6 - We previously had an 08 3, and loved it, but for much different reasons than how we now feel about the 6 - Every time I stop the car, I think to myself, this was made to be drive - This is a drivers car. Refined, but with some roughness around the edges that make it feel unique in a very busy segment. Love the fuel economy and all the technology in the GT - And the looks....... nothing like it in the segment -

2014 mazda 6 touring
By tycodyzach on 11/26/13 16:57 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

went to dealership really wanted a manual touring with blue reflex test drove the car and it kept popping out of 3rd gear on the test drive so i went with the automatic test drove it and decided to get it after signing papers the salesman came out to show me how to set up blue tooth and it wouldnt work then it wouldnt read my ipod so i had to bring it in next day to have them reset the computer and they ordered me a new module for it!! other than that i love it so far only 300 miles into it and still have half tank of gas i commute 20% city 80% highway

Only 1 day, but a +++ so far
By rsteph4 on 11/11/13 08:48 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2014 liquid silver iTouring with auto. Replaces 2006 Cadillac CTS and 2010 Mazda3 sedan. Love it so far. Looked at 4 cars total (Camry, Altima, Sonata, and Mazda6) and for us the M6 beat out the rest, hands down. Of course, it's a personal tastes thing, but I think the M6 was top line for both exterior and interior looks. Drives great. Not quite as snappy as the old M3 6-speed was, but it is bigger and heavier with, basically, same engine. Still, it'll kick you back in the seat just fine. This is still first impression stuff since car barely has 100 miles on it, so we'll see how things are 6-months down the road. Still, don't think you could go wrong with this car.

Very impressive car even with its quirks
By flounda on 10/03/13 10:45 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Although my search didn't start with the Mazda6, it ended there. Very impressive vehicle especially at this price point. Loaded with features, drives VERY well, comfortable and especially in Soul Red, very good looking. I am a previous Mazda owner so I felt right in home in this car. The driving position and touch points make it feel like you are driving something other than a mid-priced sedan with a mere 4 cylinder engine.

Mazda6 Touring Auto
By weighmaster on 10/03/13 09:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Easily, IMO, the best looking 4 door car under 30k. Handles great, and the driver seat is comfortable as heck. It has surprising acceleration. Its just fun to drive. Gas mileage is great too.

expectations exceeded
By ikey1988 on 10/01/13 11:20 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

in the midsize sedan segment, this car is the absolute BEST bang for your buck. I purchased the mazda 6 Sedan, grand touring model, with the I-eloop feature. As far as"fun to drive," mazda is the only way to go. class leading fuel economy with 40mpg hwy and combined 32 mpg. I test drove the Altima, Accord, Sonata, optima, and Passat. Mazda6 is the most refined. interior fit and finish is class leading. styling is exceptional. I cant fathom anyone buying a Camry,(BOX). you owe it to yourself, if your in the market for a family sedan to look at the Mazda product. im glad I don't have to settle for a boring sedan. Mazda got this RIGHT, Sedan Nirvan, I Totally LOVE this Car....!!!!

Could be great but few issues mar the experience
By estwest on 09/23/13 08:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Got it about a month ago; put 1500 miles so far. Nice-looking, spacious, comfortable interior. Has been averaging 33 mpg (mostly highway on weekends, in-traffic during the week). Decent audio with Tech Package. Mediocre TomTom GPS. Very buggy infotainment system; visiting dealer for the second repair. First was the Bluetooth/USB/Phone dying completely - was "fixed" by unplugging the battery, so the bug is still there and who knows when it's going to strike again. Second - one of the buttons on the "joystick" control got stuck making it unusable. But the biggest issue -serious road and wind noise at highway speeds. Make sure to test drive it at 65-75 m/h if you plan to drive on highways a lot

Looking for a new car? Look no further!
By kb698a on 09/10/13 09:45 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just recently got my new Mazda 6, took my dealer over a month to find the one I wanted but it was worth the wait! The handling is great and responsive, takes corners with ease and minimal body roll. The seats are soft yet very supportive and very comfortable. I went with the 6 because of its aggressive and stylish design, and also the great fuel economy. I drive a 100 miles a day for work and needed to get good MPG. Above and beyond my expectations so far, getting 37 MPG average!! Also a lot of interior room, I'm 6ft and have more than enough room. I don't even have to move my seat for my 6'3" friend to sit behind me with plenty of leg room to spare. And also awesome value!

Great Drivability but horrible interior finish
By graym6 on 09/04/13 22:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pros: I bought this car mainly because it has great exterior design and 6 automatic transmission. After I test drove Honda accord, I know I am not ready for CVT yet. I knew I made a right choice of buying Mazda 6. It drives amazingly well and has great handling. I give a special credit to front suspension which does the cornering without creating discomfort. Cons: Interior rattles a lot. This problem is already known for many Mazda 6 owners. If you just type the words "2014 Mazda 6 rattles" in google engine search, you will wonder if this is a new car. I just can't believe they don't catch all these rattling noises when they made prototypes. Granted, I bought Mazda not Toyota.

First Zoom
By onedriver on 08/30/13 22:15 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My first Mazda and im not disappointed. The car feels very light and its very nimble compared to other models I test drove. I decided on the manual since I like to feel more involved when driving, the trans is smooth and has short throws compared to others. The design is sporty and refreshing compared to other mainstream sedans. 250 miles in and avg 30mpg but have been driving pretty aggressively, we'll have to see when the excitement subsides and see how much more I can get out of skyactive. Love driving this sporty sedan and the stares I get everywhere I go is a sign that Mazda has a winner here.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*