2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
First Mazda
By samdd on 03/07/14 14:15 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I owned the 2014 Mazda 6 Touring for about 1 month. Love the exterior styling (grey) with the bright Sand interior. Smooth shifting automatic even if the car is too eager to up shift. Wish there was a sport mode to keep rev higher but you can switch to manual mode. The seat is a bit on the firm side. There is a little more noise than your typical Honda or Toyota. The 19" standard wheel looks great and help with the handling. I owned a V6 Maxima before so I do missed the extra horse powers. Love the MPG, getting around 30-31 mpg on heavy foot.

Wow what a fantastic car
By 40yroldkid on 03/06/14 16:33 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 Mazda6 Hatchback and loved it but the 2014 takes the 6 to a whole different level. I fell in love with the exterior styling as soon as I saw it. When I had the opportunity to test drive it I was blown away, the car drives and handles wonderfully and the interior quality is second to none. I do agree that the navigation system seems a little cheap but it works and everything else is so fantastic I don't mind it at all. I read somewhere in a review "If Porsch made a car under $50,000 this would be it". I couldn't agree more and I only paid $28K for the Grand Touring Edition (it was a demo the sales manager was driving). Oh yea and the fule economy is excellent!

Bingo.
By howard44 on 02/27/14 11:33 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted a five-passenger sedan that is agile, stylish, fuel efficient, equipped with the latest safety technology, and available for $30,000. After much research, I found one vehicle that meets these criteria IMO: the 2014 Mazda6 GT. The Mazda6 is widely regarded by professional and consumer reviewers as the “driver’s car” in its segment. Its good looks are perhaps rivaled by the Fusion and Optima, but personally I find the 6 more gracefully sculpted. MPG is great at 28/40. The suite of available safety features (listed below) is incredible—again, the Fusion comes close, but for more money. As for price, I paid under $29,000 after dealer discount and Mazda rebates (+ .9% financing).

Best choice for a manual transmission - 3 months in.
By stirmyown on 02/11/14 08:34 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

When you've got to stir your own gears, your choices are limited these days. It seems like you can do it if you opt for a stripped down small car, or a tricked-out european performance sedan. In the mid-level market there is pretty much Mazda and Subaru. Good luck actually finding a stick in America for any other brand. Since I have kids in car seats, rear seat room was an issue. Car seats are ridiculously huge these days. So I had to go a little bit bigger but I didn't want a large SUV. They just aren't fun to drive. I loved my old Subaru Forester, but unfortunately Subaru killed the driving feel in their effort to mass-market and Camry-ize the new Forester and Outback.

So far, so good
By fredstench on 02/03/14 06:28 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 1 month. No issues so far. This is my third Mazda, and I purchased this after very positive experience with my Miata and CX-9. Before purchasing, I test drove a BMW 3 series w x-drive and turbo 4 cylinder, Hyundai Genesis, Hyundai Azera, and Mercedes CLA. Results: I was underwhelmed by the BMW experience for the $, and the fact that it required premium fuel. The Genesis was nice but felt heavy and gets mediocre fuel economy, plus it was rear drive. Mercedes CLA was OK but I did not care for the interior. With Mazda 6 equipment, it would be $40k.

Great car, but one thing concerns me..
By richardb11 on 01/24/14 15:40 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Everything said here is true - this is an amazing car particularly for the money. But the low engine speed throttle response concerns me. After driving for 6 months and 5,000 miles I've consistently, but randomly experienced a problem that does not seem to be fixable. About every fourth time I try to accelerate with the engine running 1000-1500 rpm, like making a turn from a light, the engine does not respond at all when I push on the accelerator. It also seems like it wants to stall. But after 2-4 seconds the car finally realizes that I want to accelerate and it springs forward. Above 2000 rpm the engine revs just fine. Like turbo lag the dealer service said. Great car, but for this.

Crashworthy
By nobodyspecia1 on 01/22/14 11:04 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Two months after my purchase and about 1000 miles, two kids ran a red light as I entered an intersection. It was night and the Cops were right behind them. The kids were going at least 40mph. My Mazda6 struck the left side of their car. The kids spun through the intersection, took out a light pole and ended up on the lawn of a lawyer's office. Their car was demolished; they jumped out and ran. My Mazda6 coasted through the intersection. Neither I nor my passenger was hurt; air bags did not deploy. The front third of the Mazda6 was destroyed but the passenger compartment was untouched. I have a new Mazda6 on order. It is a great car.

The good, bad, and ugly, i.e. the truth after ~20k
By takumi1 on 01/08/14 17:49 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Finally, an honest review of the good and the bad. Not sure why people leave such biased reviews - all cars have faults. I'd buy the same car again, but let's look at a few things to keep in mind when you test drive. First the good. A beautiful car from any angle - the best in the segment.Terrific gas mileage. Great handling. Comfortable, with a very nice interior if you're not into lots of clutter. Fun to drive. Roomy. Good price. Now some hard truths. Mediocre acceleration from stop. Poor rear visibility. Poor infotainment system, badly positioned, with a laggy voice response system. Massive wind noise. USB difficult to get to Tiny cheap useless sun visors.

A thing of beauty
By larmo1 on 12/28/13 05:04 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am not really into righting reviews, but I love this car. It is perfect for me. It has great gas mileage, fantastic looks, and has a comfortable sweet ride. Holy Cow! Did I say reasonably priced? This is the best car in its class hands down. It gets the same gas mileage with a 2.5 liter engine that my old Honda Civic got with a 1.7 liter engine! What I like most about the Mazda 6 is its smooth acceleration. Most cars lurch or surge when pressing on the gas. Not the Mazda 6. It smoothly and competently accelerates. And I challenge you to feel the transmission shift. It is a thing of beauty. The transmission shifts fluidly like a diver making the perfect dive... not a ripple.

My awesome ride
By nobouncecap on 12/22/13 12:28 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First a foremost I'm conformable in this car and I'm 6'4",I have plenty of leg/head room. The engine and transmission are great together and the car just begs to be driven fast. The firm suspension is tight/firm but it brings fun to driving again around corners; on flat surfaces its rather smooth. 40mpg is an easy mark to hit on Hway. I have had no issues with the media system and my usb just plays songs like it should, it connects well with my phone too! This car really is fun to drive and with the manual is great! I test drove the Optima, Accord, Fusion and this car bet them all in comfort, features, handling, and style! Get it and you'll love it.