2014 Mazda 6-Btemest kept secretig items with oriteease.o haul b of new sedans
By thumper477 on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
We looked at Accord,Altima,Fusion,Optima,Malibu,and others.Then I heard about the new Skyactiv Mazda 6 from a friend.Test drove our Soul Red sport and bought it on the spot.My friends think I spent big bucks as the car looks very expensive.For a base model the list of standard features is impressive.Leanst the steering stops.t agaither steering wheel,shift knob and e-brake handle are nice touches.I also liked the 1000 dollar owner loyalty rebate. This car as all 2014 Mazda 6's is built in Japan.Not too many cars are made there anymore due to the higher cost of production and shipping.The build quality is excellent.
Favorite Features
Supportive sport seats.Tilt/telescopic steering wheel,not a lot of hard plastic surfaces in interior,big trunk and easy to fold rear split seats for hauling large items.Standard base model entertainment system plenty good for most.Tom-tom navi works great(had it dealer installed).Best handling sedan I have driven.This is the first 4 cyl. car I have owned where I have not regretted getting a bigger engine.Plenty of power and the automatic transmission works flawlessly.Fuel mileage is excellent with 31 mpg mixed and a recent trip over the mountains from TN to SC netting 39.1 mpg on regular gas.My biggest like about this car is the styling and the Soul Red color.
Suggested Improvements
USB does not remember where you left off when you turn off ignition.If you are on song 300 when you restart it will go back to song one.Electric power steering has a little clunk when parking and you steer hard to left or right against the steering stops.Engine sounds noisy on a cold start (part of Skyactiv system)but goes away in a minute.Fog lights look cool but are weak.Ride is firm and might upset people used to a softer suspension but I like it fine as is.
By alhoss
on 06/22/13 17:03 PM (PDT)

What color is your interior? Would you recommend that color?