2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Can't stop looking at it or driving it... wow... stunning automobile.
By cecmazda6 on 05/27/14 11:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wow how many superlatives are there in the English dictionary? I've had some pretty nice midsized cars in recent years - '11 Optima EX, 12 Sonata 2.0 Turbo limited (nice turbo power) & even an 09 Mazda6 Touring (which like a great indie film excellent but under publicized), but great as these all were in their own respects, none evoked the level of pure joy my meteor gray 2014 6 touring w/tech package has! Looks are subjective but I literally can't stop looking at it & snapping photos haha! Ride remarkably smooth despite 19" rims & tight suspension. Cabin dead silent at idle road noise not that bad. Great acceleration close to Sonata turbo despite 90 less hp. Fantastic car!!!

10 months and 11K miles
By emeraldo on 05/10/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned Acuras, VWs and Toyotas. This car is hands down the most comfortable and fun to drive of all these cars. Also gets the best mileage, a really remarkable event in a car this size. 29mpg 60% hwy, 40% cty. We are all aware that the 6 does not have the largest nor highest res nav screen. Those who need a large nav screen so they can pay less attention to the road have many choices. I prefer something simpler and have found the 6's easy to use, with excellent turn-by-turn in particular. If you want a car with two meaningless chrome rings in a loopy center stack, and a geriatric speedometer, I'd certainly recommend an Accord.

Simply love it!
By rfh3223 on 04/30/14 16:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had Honda, Ford, Acura, and Hyundai's, but I love my 6! I feel like James Bond in it, LOL! The exterior styling is extremely stylish. Just love, love, love this car in and out!

No Valet Protection! Beware of the Small Things
By condor2fly on 04/16/14 19:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have deep buyer's remorse. I agree with most of fawning reviews concerning the car's style and how it drives. But oh how I wished I'd examined it more carefully for practical lifestyle needs, when I went for that test drive. Subsequently, I was bummed to discover the only way to open and then lock the doors and trunk is to dig my key set with the key fob out of my pocket, rather than pushing a little button. A couple days later I was shocked and mortified to discover that I cannot secure my identity papers or anything in the glove box or the trunk, because there's no valet system whatever--not even a key. I live in Los Angeles, and now I cannot valet, without removing a bunch of things?

really incredible car
By dancingyaya on 04/06/14 14:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am so pleased with this car. It is stylish and sleek. The design is distinctive. It rides very smoothly and gets great gas mileage. I like to drive, and in this car, I feel very connected to the driving experience. The steering is responsive, the fuel economy is great, yet the power is there when you need or want it. Interior is comfortable, ride is quiet, Bose stereo system is great.

Real driver, real world
By nwcab1 on 03/29/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Every review on here seems to be written by Mazda's PR dept. This car has a major issue. Everything about the car is excellent, except for the transmission. It is flat out terrible. Read the reviews at cars.com, this is not isolated. In their attempt to save gas, Mazda has created a transmission that will not shift down unless you floor it, and then the pedal engages some sort of performance button imbedded in the floor and the car lurches forward unsafely. Real world driving is miserable. Every down shift is met with a delay sending your body forward, and then the car lurches forward a second later. Simply awful. Test drive in traffic, around corners, change speeds...you'll see.

Fun, Smooth, and Loud
By burgh412 on 03/27/14 12:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'll cut right to the chase. This is arguably the best-looking car on the road right now, at least with the red paint job. The car feels extremely planted on the highway, and the g-force generated by turning is strangely addictive. Power steering is light for day-to-day driving, but tightens up a bit when you push it. You feel every bump on the road, but I like that, as it makes you feel connected to the road, and there is certainly no chassis wiggle after hitting bumps. Definitely wind noise above 45mph or so, and I have noticed the back window creaking for the first 10-15 minutes of driving on a very cold day. Headlights could be stronger, but are adequate, and base sound system is great.

Three months in
By jmick1 on 03/20/14 08:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have a 2004 6i auto with 120K, and replaced a 2012 Golf 2.5 with the 2014 6. Very happy so far. No issues. Lots of good cars out there, so small things make big differences to us, like the shielded trunk hinges, covered cup holders in the console, and steering wheel controls. Controls are well designed and easy to use. Interior storage could be better: compared to the 04 6i, the dash pop up is gone, the door storage holds less, and the console loses the dual level storage. For us, the garage door opener sits in the dash cubbie, the book on CD goes in the passenger door cubbie, and the charging phone sits in the top of the console cubbie. That doesn't work in the 2014.

2 months and 3,000 Miles into it...
By spoonman42 on 03/13/14 12:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove an Acura TSX for 10 years and 175k miles and it was hard to let go. I researched for a year and narrowed down to 4 cars: Mazda6 GT, Honda Accord EX-L 4-cyl, Audi A4, and BMW 328. I quickly deleted the German cars because I didn't want to pay for premium fuel. Nothing wrong with the Honda, just a boring drive, but great features. When I sat in the 6, I knew I was home, great overall experience with all the creature comforts and Great MPG's.

First Mazda
By samdd on 03/07/14 14:15 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I owned the 2014 Mazda 6 Touring for about 1 month. Love the exterior styling (grey) with the bright Sand interior. Smooth shifting automatic even if the car is too eager to up shift. Wish there was a sport mode to keep rev higher but you can switch to manual mode. The seat is a bit on the firm side. There is a little more noise than your typical Honda or Toyota. The 19" standard wheel looks great and help with the handling. I owned a V6 Maxima before so I do missed the extra horse powers. Love the MPG, getting around 30-31 mpg on heavy foot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*