2014 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: 10 months and 11K miles

2014 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

2014 Mazda 6

10 months and 11K miles
By emeraldo on

2014 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned Acuras, VWs and Toyotas. This car is hands down the most comfortable and fun to drive of all these cars. Also gets the best mileage, a really remarkable event in a car this size. 29mpg 60% hwy, 40% cty.

We are all aware that the 6 does not have the largest nor highest res nav screen. Those who need a large nav screen so they can pay less attention to the road have many choices.
I prefer something simpler and have found the 6's easy to use, with excellent turn-by-turn in particular.
If you want a car with two meaningless chrome rings in a loopy center stack, and a geriatric speedometer, I'd certainly recommend an Accord.

Seat extremely comfortable. Whole car feels like it "fits" a driver (at least this one) immediately. Looks beyond anything else in class. Handling makes car a daily pleasure. Bose stereo. Straightforward, non-distracting dash. Rear cross traffic alert. I drove this car against a Fusion and an Accord (Ex-l) and found the latter notably ponderous in feel compared to the Mazda. The Fusion was good but the Mazda was better, and given reports of real-world Ford mileage, clearly a smarter choice for long-term ownership costs. The Accord was a disappointing car to drive, surprisingly dull (I haven't drive the Sport, but I wanted a car with leather, a sunroof and an upgraded sound system).

I agree with others who say this car could use more storage in front. The sunroof on my Jetta had a wider range of adjustments.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review