Used 2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Mazda has done it!
By milennia

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the 2014 Mazda 6 itouring with the technology package for 3 months now. This car is amazing! It's fun to drive, very fuel efficient, and it's eye catching! I feel like I'm sitting in a luxury car that's sporty. I went on a vacation with it and averaged up to 40 mpg at 60 mph, and averaged 36 mpg at 70 mph (it was really hilly). I'm always getting compliments too. :) the navigation system is a little slow but it gets the job done. Make sure you test drive this car, you will be impressed.

Favorite Features

The advanced keyless entry, push button start, Bose sound system, fuel efficiency, you name it!

Suggested Improvements

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

One year later, and still zooming
By johnny2003

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Our GT is our third Mazda. We left Honda years ago for better styling and value and haven't looked back. Our liquid silver with black leather is a looker. Still after one year, people stop me all the time wanting to know what kind of car it is. People have guessed Lexus, Jag, and Infiniti. I just love the car, it is my daily driver. Still puts a smile on my face every time I open the door and push the start button. No, the navigation is not perfect, but are any of them? No the screen is not too small, I'm two feet from it. I don't need a flat screen on my dash. Radar cruise is COOL! Lots of features that many cars don't have for only $30K. What's not to like?

Favorite Features

Radar cruise. Its nice to set it and let the car gage the distance. Very helpful when in rains all the time in Louisiana.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the navigation was better, but again are any of them. Wish the GT had standard rear parking sensors.

Just didn't work for me.
By herbww

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I found the seats very hard and the front seat positions limited. When on medium to long drives I would get out of the car limping. The GPS never worked probably, but even if it had I found it difficult to use and read. The mileage wasn't near the rating for highway driving. The car is also a little under powered. The electronics all seemed a little off. The base car is probably very good value. I wrote to Mazda and didn't get a response. I finally just dumped the car after about 8 months of driving.

Favorite Features

Spacious trunk. Mileage good although not as high as expected from rating.

Suggested Improvements

Change the GPS. Change the front drivers seat.

Bought the Sport - great deal for the money
By peter_davids

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car's looks. I named my car "Big Red" after a former neighbor, a zaftig redhead. I love the great mileage - right now avg = 33.5, but I've done better. I got the auto trans and the rear view camera and the fog lights - all of which I am happy with.

Favorite Features

My car stands out in a sea of white, gray, silver, black Hondas, Altimas, etc. Just gorgeous. I now see they will introduce a coupe: wow! I know this can't be right, but every once in a while I'll see a lexus or an infinity or even a maserati and I laugh. "You paid what?"

Suggested Improvements

A little more horse power. More bolstering in seats. Adjustable arm rest. Fix the completely crap Ipod interface (which I never use). I plug into AUX jack. I actually should get a discount for that. It's terrible.

One year update - still happy
By jmick1

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Follow up to the three month post. Still very happy with the car. Pleasure to drive, easy on the eyes and at the pump. Made it through a South Texas summer and would prefer cloth over leatherette seats--they get pretty warm and don't breathe. That would have meant the Sport vice Touring trim, which would have removed the COMAND knob (which I play with but don't really use). I would have been OK with that since the Sport Auto includes the backup cam, which has turned out to be really nice. The smaller wheels wouldn't have been a deal breaker. Averaging about 31.5 in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

Cross traffic warning, handling, engine/transmission are well matched, covered drink holders in console, legible gauges, easy to use controls

Suggested Improvements

More/better interior storage (this is a repeat from earlier post), like bigger pockets in the door to hold a CD case, slightly higher center armrest, cut down with wind noise (noticeable above 50-55 mph)