Used 2012 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Love Love Love! Hands down! On my third Mazda!
By MazdaSixFan

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Mazda6. Previously, I had the 2009 Mazda6 iGrand Touring and an RX-8. Great build qualities on Mazda and reliability! I'm pretty much a Mazda family. Currently, I have the 2013 Mazda6 but built in 2012. My thoughts about this car is more than what I expected. The 2009-2013 are the best looking and best handling cars I've ever owned! I get compliments here and there and I am so proud of having this car. The style and characteristics of this car is different from Toyota, Honda, Hyundai.. etc. Some will nag that the 4cyl 170hp isn't the best but other car makers that have 4cyl don't have the much either so I cant complain. I take it easy on my car because I don't need to stress the car out plus it'll last long. The gas mileage is phenomenal it isn't close to 40mpg however if you take it easy it'll go far plus driving any car hard tends to bring down reliability and bad gas mileage. You can feel how solid when you drive it and take turns. It feels like your driving a higher end luxury/sports sedan without paying the over priced luxo-mobile brands. On the highway, the handling is smooth and controlled. On the city it is the same. I have the 18inch wheels stock and you can hear a bit of road noise but that's standard on bigger wheels and low profile tires. This car cabin is spacious and rear seating and trunk is huge! The I touring plus or grand touring models.. the gauges are beautiful in color and they are easy to read. The stock stereo sounds great too. It had aux/Bluetooth but no USB which isn't a big deal. Overall, I love the car and I'm happy with it. I get head turns and I feel safe in it.

Great for commutes, but not fun
By Mr.Review

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

if you can look at other cars or this one only if it has a V6. As the 4cyl sucks on acceleration and pick-up but for start and go tracfic it fine because your not going to get any where fast. You also must rev it very high to get full advantage of its 168 horse power.

Best Value in a Sporty Sedan
By madmaz

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We all know that Mazda got a deal on Black, Gray and Silver paint but that's OK. For the price of Mazda 3 where else can you find a car that's fun to drive, handles better than the competition, has great seats, is relatively quiet inside (windows up) and has a huge trunk. Very important (to me) ... this is not a "Skyactiv" engine but the 2.5 4-cyl averages 30 mpg in mixed driving; with a clutch, you can coast up to traffic lights. Alas, it is not a drag-racer but will keep up with normal traffic. Engine will come on strong over 3K RPM but fuel mileage will suffer. At 10K miles on the clock, no mechanical or electrical issues. A well-built machine. Highly recommended.

Gas mileage, handling, seats, build quality and lack of warranty "issues."

"Improvements" have supposedly been addressed with the 2014 Mazda 6. We'll see.

FUN TO DRIVE!!!
By alainp

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had so many cars and I can say for sure that: if you're looking for a mid-size sedan for a good price, fun to drive, comfortable and sporty looking, don't look any further, the Mazda6 is the answer!

The package that comes with the GT model.

Better fuel mileage...

Not a family car
By mommabllck

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

There are a few pros to this car however it doesn't function well as a family car. The latch system was too far into the seat which made uninstall difficult. The driver seat even though adjustable, just wasn't comfortable enough.

Controls on the steering wheel. Great trunk space!

The rear window control were too easily accessible for my children to operate, and I don't like the fact that they open all the way. Also, the front seats weren't designed for someone who had wider hips because the driver's seat belt dug into my hip the whole trip. I love the controls on the steering wheel however, I didn't like the 3D ones for the volume and the cruise controls because I bumped them when turning the wheel.