Used 2012 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Best Value in a Sporty Sedan
By madmaz

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We all know that Mazda got a deal on Black, Gray and Silver paint but that's OK. For the price of Mazda 3 where else can you find a car that's fun to drive, handles better than the competition, has great seats, is relatively quiet inside (windows up) and has a huge trunk. Very important (to me) ... this is not a "Skyactiv" engine but the 2.5 4-cyl averages 30 mpg in mixed driving; with a clutch, you can coast up to traffic lights. Alas, it is not a drag-racer but will keep up with normal traffic. Engine will come on strong over 3K RPM but fuel mileage will suffer. At 10K miles on the clock, no mechanical or electrical issues. A well-built machine. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handling, seats, build quality and lack of warranty "issues."

Suggested Improvements

"Improvements" have supposedly been addressed with the 2014 Mazda 6. We'll see.

FUN TO DRIVE!!!
By alainp

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had so many cars and I can say for sure that: if you're looking for a mid-size sedan for a good price, fun to drive, comfortable and sporty looking, don't look any further, the Mazda6 is the answer!

Favorite Features

The package that comes with the GT model.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage...

Not a family car
By mommabllck

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

There are a few pros to this car however it doesn't function well as a family car. The latch system was too far into the seat which made uninstall difficult. The driver seat even though adjustable, just wasn't comfortable enough.

Favorite Features

Controls on the steering wheel. Great trunk space!

Suggested Improvements

The rear window control were too easily accessible for my children to operate, and I don't like the fact that they open all the way. Also, the front seats weren't designed for someone who had wider hips because the driver's seat belt dug into my hip the whole trip. I love the controls on the steering wheel however, I didn't like the 3D ones for the volume and the cruise controls because I bumped them when turning the wheel.

Fun and practical
By hutch7

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Honestly I was looking for a 3 but with all the incentives the 6 was a better deal. I like the looks, comfort and driving dynamics. The interior is comfortable and ergonomic. I love the 6M tranny, shifts easily and the clutch is pretty much perfect. My son keeps asking to borrow the keys and take it out (he's learning to drive a stick). So far so good.

Favorite Features

6M Tranny, looks, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Had to get the base to get 6M.

The car for tall people.
By jim9200

2012 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm 6'5 and finding a comfortable car without breaking the bank is quite a feat. But here it is, the Mazda6. Plenty of room, great price and the the Mazda6 is a blast to drive! It hugs the corners and accelerates quickly for entering the freeway. Telescoping steering wheel and height adjusting seat makes it a very comfortable ride for long trips and the way the windows are designed, one really gets a beautiful, unobstructed veiw of the outside world. I gave it a 4 in the performance because it's a bit sluggish starting off at a light but makes it up once out of 1st gear.

Favorite Features

THE ROOM!!! Radio controls on the steering wheel is a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe fixing the sluggishness in 1st gear.