2011 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Manual transmission survives

2011 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

Manual transmission survives
By oak6 on

2011 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car has got the look. To my eye, this is the most elegantly understated car on the road. Interior is huge. Comfortable and sporty ride. That said, this is not a genuine sports car. The acceleration is adequate but not stunning. V6 with manual would have been my choice; would have put more zoom in the zoom-zoom. Dash radio controls are easy and intuitive so I rarely use the steering wheel controls. I like the seat fabric. Seat is comfortable but back has a "V" shape side to side; I'm not sure how that will feel on long trips. 30mpg so far. Owned 2 months, 1700 miles.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission. Gear shift is canted to the driver's side which results in less reach. Suspension. Best looking car in the class, by far.

Suggested Improvements

Taller 6th gear to improve economy. Shorter 1st gear to get it off the line quicker. Rearrange cruise control and audio steering wheel switches to make the most used switches closer to the rim. Interior ventilation blows warm air regardless of outside temperature. As a result, must use the AC for relatively low temperatures.
By jennyreinhart
on 06/24/11 03:48 AM (PDT)

I want to have that car model too. Albeit it cost like a personal loan, it will be worth it. Nowadays, car ownership is already a necessity and not a mark of social status. well, I can't wait to have one! Liquid Silver will be my color of choice!