Used 2011 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Love my Mazda6!
By joner800

2011 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

this is the third mazda i have owned ('96 protege, '03 6s) and i have loved all three of them. the new 6 adds some beef under the hood, and some very nifty tech features. the car is truly fun to drive and beats any comp in the class handily. i previously didnt think much of the new 6 as i have always been a fan of the older body style. but when i got in and drove it, i fell in love! before i bought my 6, i looked at the g35, a4, c280, and some others, but you just cant beat the value in a mazda. i got more room, more features, more/same warranty; basically, a brand new luxury/sports car for the price of a used luxury car. mazda loyalty programs added to the bottom line, also.

Favorite Features

keyless entry - awesome!; keyless ignition; bluetooth AUDIO devices (up to 7), as well as phone; blind spot monitoring system; comfortable, roomy interior and cargo (takes some getting used to, as the car felt initially bulky to me even as a former truck owner. the BSM helps alleviate that, though); exterior styling - you wont have a problem finding your car in the parking lot!; interior styling is a top-notch combination of sport and luxury; rain-sensing wipers; dual climate controls; two-stage heated seats; bose sound system is great; mazda took the governor off and allows top speed over 120mph compared to my older 6s!

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage should be better for a 6-speed, im only getting about 19+. i drive pretty hard, but do mostly hwy and have driven it over 7k miles; handling at high speeds is not sure, especially compared to my older mazdas that felt stiffer and more like sportscars; acceleration is swift and smooth, but feels more like 200hp and less like 272hp (the only place where the g35 beats it); no manual tranny? who are they making this car for??; bluetooth phone is not the best at high speeds; rear row A/C ducts in the floor only; only driver fully-automated window; dual exhaust pipes have nice bumper styling, but are visible close-up

Zoom Zoom!!
By monkeytoes

2011 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It is a great car for someone with a family and it also great for the single person. I have had mine for 1 month and I am 100% happy with the car. I only wish the V6 motor had a little more power behind it! I think the car shifts way too early which cuts down on the horsepower. My previous cars were 2.0 and this is a 3.7 and I am confident is saying the 2.0 was much quicker off the line. The gas mileage is taking some getting used too. I am averaging 23.5 miles both highway and city.

Favorite Features

Spoiler, its a must, totally changes the look of the car. The interior lighting is great at night and the fact that you can't lock the keys in the car is saving me a lot of money.

Suggested Improvements

More power in that V6 engine would be wonderful!