2011 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Mazda6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Sort Reviews by

Zoom-zoom refinement at a bargain price
By lcmunson

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Picked up a 2011 black 6 six-speed during a year-end dealer blow-out. At a price less than a new 3, I am very happy with this vehicle vs the '08 3-touring that I traded. At 1200 miles, engine is starting to loosen up a bit and fuel economy ranges from 29-35 mpg; might still improve. The aerodynamics of this design are amazing .... on moderate downhill stretches it just rolls. As an old stick-shifter, this is an amazingly slick transmission! Get one before the bean counters decide there are not enough customers. In my opinion, nothing in this price range comes close to the value.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, big trunk, fuel economy (burns regular), fit and finish, tasteful understated styling, relatively quiet, decent standard sound system and great transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Return 6-speed manual availability to the rest of the model line rather than restricting it. Allow aluminum wheel option on base model as well as cabin electronic options.

Manual transmission survives
By oak6

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car has got the look. To my eye, this is the most elegantly understated car on the road. Interior is huge. Comfortable and sporty ride. That said, this is not a genuine sports car. The acceleration is adequate but not stunning. V6 with manual would have been my choice; would have put more zoom in the zoom-zoom. Dash radio controls are easy and intuitive so I rarely use the steering wheel controls. I like the seat fabric. Seat is comfortable but back has a "V" shape side to side; I'm not sure how that will feel on long trips. 30mpg so far. Owned 2 months, 1700 miles.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission. Gear shift is canted to the driver's side which results in less reach. Suspension. Best looking car in the class, by far.

Suggested Improvements

Taller 6th gear to improve economy. Shorter 1st gear to get it off the line quicker. Rearrange cruise control and audio steering wheel switches to make the most used switches closer to the rim. Interior ventilation blows warm air regardless of outside temperature. As a result, must use the AC for relatively low temperatures.