Used 2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

So far so good - status update
By sargon123

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a preowned vehicle in April 2011. I have put about 14,000 miles on in to date (purchased at approx. 11,600 miles). No major repairs to date. Vehicle is reasonably comfortable, convenient controls on stirring wheel and dashboard. So far, routine maintenance has been performed, car has been reasonably comfortable with no major problems.

Favorite Features

On this particular model, I particularly like the mirror lighting up to show an auto passing in blind spot. If the left turn signal is on, and a car is in the blind spot, a auditory warning will also sound. Controls are convenient. Good turning radius, and good breaks allowing emergency stop in relatively short distance.

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare tire.

Mazda 6 is a lemon
By aleigh

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I never knew when the engine would turn over. Countless times I had to call road service, and the service dept. said everything was fine. You want your car to be reliable, and this was a piece of - - - -. I wanted to return it, but of course the dealership, Ralph Thayer of Livonia Michigan, would not allow it. In addtion, a minor detail is that the cup holder was not deep enough to hold a mug of coffee, so I always has to hold it while driving. I doubt this car even got 19 MPH. It cost me a small fortune filling up with gas every other day. My lease is up in 2 months, and I can hardly wait. Do yourself the biggest favor in the world and consider

Favorite Features

carefully if you purchase a Mazda 6. Perhaps my car was a lemon, but ask yourself the question: how many lemons are out there? And NEVER purchase from Ralph Thayer Mazda in Livonia Michigan. They were horrible to deal with on every possible level.

Most dangerous car I have every owned
By todd345

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 8 months, 18.000 miles, and $28,000 ago. I thought I did my research, I test drove Acura, Nissan, Ford, and Mazda models. I read the reviews for each. The good things I found are correct; it is very stylish, comfortable, and good performance. The items they don't tell you are; The BLIGHTSPOT, that you have behind you, the headrest and A pillar's make it so you can't see anything, VERY dangerous, you might as well paint the back windows black. And if you pull out of a drive and his "ANY" bumps the traction control kicks in and kills the acceleration and leaves you in the oncoming lane waiting for traffic to hit you. If you have a family this in NOT the car for you.

Favorite Features

Sporty Stylish

Suggested Improvements

Fix the blind spots, smaller "A" pillars, and head rests. The traction control is a issue and needs to be adjusted.

Be careful with this one....
By thill357

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first time owning any mazda and for the most part I can say it is OK. I own the Touring Plus model with a few extra features. First thing I must say is the car is very slow and the 4 cyl seems lousy and sluggish. It is a very loud engine for not being that fast... The extorior styling is beautiful. I love the trunk, even though fitting some larger boxes through the small opening can be difficult. Since the day I owned the car, the radio has been very staticy and even when close to local radio stations. Tried to take it back and get repaired and they said it was fine, which it is not. Heritage Mazda of Towson has bad service and is pretty expenisve. Prefer the Camry SE over this...

Favorite Features

The BSM, (blind spot monitor) exterior styling, large trunk, electroluminescent gauges, and large back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior dash materials, new radio with better antenna, higher quality brakes, (lots of brake dust) higher quality carpets, new 4 cyl engine at is quicker and more fuel efficient, (govt. fuel economy ratings are mediocre and Inget around 26 hwy driving, 6 speed automatic transmission in all models, a few new extorior colors, (gray looks like a pooter blue- i own the silver paint), fit and finish of some cheap plastics on the dash.

Zoom-zoom refinement at a bargain price
By lcmunson

2011 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Picked up a 2011 black 6 six-speed during a year-end dealer blow-out. At a price less than a new 3, I am very happy with this vehicle vs the '08 3-touring that I traded. At 1200 miles, engine is starting to loosen up a bit and fuel economy ranges from 29-35 mpg; might still improve. The aerodynamics of this design are amazing .... on moderate downhill stretches it just rolls. As an old stick-shifter, this is an amazingly slick transmission! Get one before the bean counters decide there are not enough customers. In my opinion, nothing in this price range comes close to the value.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, big trunk, fuel economy (burns regular), fit and finish, tasteful understated styling, relatively quiet, decent standard sound system and great transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Return 6-speed manual availability to the rest of the model line rather than restricting it. Allow aluminum wheel option on base model as well as cabin electronic options.