Used 2011 Mazda 6 s Touring Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mazda 6 is a lemon
By aleigh

2011 Mazda 6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I never knew when the engine would turn over. Countless times I had to call road service, and the service dept. said everything was fine. You want your car to be reliable, and this was a piece of - - - -. I wanted to return it, but of course the dealership, Ralph Thayer of Livonia Michigan, would not allow it. In addtion, a minor detail is that the cup holder was not deep enough to hold a mug of coffee, so I always has to hold it while driving. I doubt this car even got 19 MPH. It cost me a small fortune filling up with gas every other day. My lease is up in 2 months, and I can hardly wait. Do yourself the biggest favor in the world and consider

Favorite Features

carefully if you purchase a Mazda 6. Perhaps my car was a lemon, but ask yourself the question: how many lemons are out there? And NEVER purchase from Ralph Thayer Mazda in Livonia Michigan. They were horrible to deal with on every possible level.

Most dangerous car I have every owned
By todd345

2011 Mazda 6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 8 months, 18.000 miles, and $28,000 ago. I thought I did my research, I test drove Acura, Nissan, Ford, and Mazda models. I read the reviews for each. The good things I found are correct; it is very stylish, comfortable, and good performance. The items they don't tell you are; The BLIGHTSPOT, that you have behind you, the headrest and A pillar's make it so you can't see anything, VERY dangerous, you might as well paint the back windows black. And if you pull out of a drive and his "ANY" bumps the traction control kicks in and kills the acceleration and leaves you in the oncoming lane waiting for traffic to hit you. If you have a family this in NOT the car for you.

Favorite Features

Sporty Stylish

Suggested Improvements

Fix the blind spots, smaller "A" pillars, and head rests. The traction control is a issue and needs to be adjusted.