Used 2011 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

So far so good - status update
By sargon123

2011 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a preowned vehicle in April 2011. I have put about 14,000 miles on in to date (purchased at approx. 11,600 miles). No major repairs to date. Vehicle is reasonably comfortable, convenient controls on stirring wheel and dashboard. So far, routine maintenance has been performed, car has been reasonably comfortable with no major problems.

On this particular model, I particularly like the mirror lighting up to show an auto passing in blind spot. If the left turn signal is on, and a car is in the blind spot, a auditory warning will also sound. Controls are convenient. Good turning radius, and good breaks allowing emergency stop in relatively short distance.

Full size spare tire.

Be careful with this one....
By thill357

2011 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first time owning any mazda and for the most part I can say it is OK. I own the Touring Plus model with a few extra features. First thing I must say is the car is very slow and the 4 cyl seems lousy and sluggish. It is a very loud engine for not being that fast... The extorior styling is beautiful. I love the trunk, even though fitting some larger boxes through the small opening can be difficult. Since the day I owned the car, the radio has been very staticy and even when close to local radio stations. Tried to take it back and get repaired and they said it was fine, which it is not. Heritage Mazda of Towson has bad service and is pretty expenisve. Prefer the Camry SE over this...

The BSM, (blind spot monitor) exterior styling, large trunk, electroluminescent gauges, and large back seats.

Better interior dash materials, new radio with better antenna, higher quality brakes, (lots of brake dust) higher quality carpets, new 4 cyl engine at is quicker and more fuel efficient, (govt. fuel economy ratings are mediocre and Inget around 26 hwy driving, 6 speed automatic transmission in all models, a few new extorior colors, (gray looks like a pooter blue- i own the silver paint), fit and finish of some cheap plastics on the dash.