2011 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
So far so good - status update
By sargon123 on 05/23/12 13:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a preowned vehicle in April 2011. I have put about 14,000 miles on in to date (purchased at approx. 11,600 miles). No major repairs to date. Vehicle is reasonably comfortable, convenient controls on stirring wheel and dashboard. So far, routine maintenance has been performed, car has been reasonably comfortable with no major problems.

Mazda 6 is a lemon
By aleigh on 03/26/12 16:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I never knew when the engine would turn over. Countless times I had to call road service, and the service dept. said everything was fine. You want your car to be reliable, and this was a piece of - - - -. I wanted to return it, but of course the dealership, Ralph Thayer of Livonia Michigan, would not allow it. In addtion, a minor detail is that the cup holder was not deep enough to hold a mug of coffee, so I always has to hold it while driving. I doubt this car even got 19 MPH. It cost me a small fortune filling up with gas every other day. My lease is up in 2 months, and I can hardly wait. Do yourself the biggest favor in the world and consider

Most dangerous car I have every owned
By todd345 on 03/10/12 10:56 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 8 months, 18.000 miles, and $28,000 ago. I thought I did my research, I test drove Acura, Nissan, Ford, and Mazda models. I read the reviews for each. The good things I found are correct; it is very stylish, comfortable, and good performance. The items they don't tell you are; The BLIGHTSPOT, that you have behind you, the headrest and A pillar's make it so you can't see anything, VERY dangerous, you might as well paint the back windows black. And if you pull out of a drive and his "ANY" bumps the traction control kicks in and kills the acceleration and leaves you in the oncoming lane waiting for traffic to hit you. If you have a family this in NOT the car for you.

Be careful with this one....
By thill357 on 01/28/12 10:59 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first time owning any mazda and for the most part I can say it is OK. I own the Touring Plus model with a few extra features. First thing I must say is the car is very slow and the 4 cyl seems lousy and sluggish. It is a very loud engine for not being that fast... The extorior styling is beautiful. I love the trunk, even though fitting some larger boxes through the small opening can be difficult. Since the day I owned the car, the radio has been very staticy and even when close to local radio stations. Tried to take it back and get repaired and they said it was fine, which it is not. Heritage Mazda of Towson has bad service and is pretty expenisve. Prefer the Camry SE over this...

Zoom-zoom refinement at a bargain price
By lcmunson on 12/28/11 15:10 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Picked up a 2011 black 6 six-speed during a year-end dealer blow-out. At a price less than a new 3, I am very happy with this vehicle vs the '08 3-touring that I traded. At 1200 miles, engine is starting to loosen up a bit and fuel economy ranges from 29-35 mpg; might still improve. The aerodynamics of this design are amazing .... on moderate downhill stretches it just rolls. As an old stick-shifter, this is an amazingly slick transmission! Get one before the bean counters decide there are not enough customers. In my opinion, nothing in this price range comes close to the value.

Love my Mazda6!
By joner800 on 07/08/11 08:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

this is the third mazda i have owned ('96 protege, '03 6s) and i have loved all three of them. the new 6 adds some beef under the hood, and some very nifty tech features. the car is truly fun to drive and beats any comp in the class handily. i previously didnt think much of the new 6 as i have always been a fan of the older body style. but when i got in and drove it, i fell in love! before i bought my 6, i looked at the g35, a4, c280, and some others, but you just cant beat the value in a mazda. i got more room, more features, more/same warranty; basically, a brand new luxury/sports car for the price of a used luxury car. mazda loyalty programs added to the bottom line, also.

Manual transmission survives
By oak6 on 06/12/11 05:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car has got the look. To my eye, this is the most elegantly understated car on the road. Interior is huge. Comfortable and sporty ride. That said, this is not a genuine sports car. The acceleration is adequate but not stunning. V6 with manual would have been my choice; would have put more zoom in the zoom-zoom. Dash radio controls are easy and intuitive so I rarely use the steering wheel controls. I like the seat fabric. Seat is comfortable but back has a "V" shape side to side; I'm not sure how that will feel on long trips. 30mpg so far. Owned 2 months, 1700 miles.

Zoom Zoom!!
By monkeytoes on 12/09/10 14:16 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It is a great car for someone with a family and it also great for the single person. I have had mine for 1 month and I am 100% happy with the car. I only wish the V6 motor had a little more power behind it! I think the car shifts way too early which cuts down on the horsepower. My previous cars were 2.0 and this is a 3.7 and I am confident is saying the 2.0 was much quicker off the line. The gas mileage is taking some getting used too. I am averaging 23.5 miles both highway and city.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$139 per month*