Update...now had car 2-years
By joellein on
2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I wrote my first review shortly after I got this car in late November, 2010 (see posting below: "Great car if you like large"). Anyway, this is still functioning as a great car for me. It still seems too large, but I cannot complain about much at all. It's got almost 30K miles and the only trips to dealer service have been for tire/wheel rotations; I do my own oil change-really easy to do on this car. I love the car for long road trips; it's quiet, has power (not a lot extra, but certainly enough), and is really comfortable.
Favorite Features
6-speed manual transmission. It's hard to find a car with this level of refinement with a manual transmission. VW Golf is one that comes to mind. Mazda6 (new ones) still come with manuals, but only in the entry level model. Mine is the iTouring which has some upgrades. I may never give it up due to inability to find a car with the features this one has, and a manual trans.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage could be a tad better (I'm getting 27-29 overall, but I do a fair amount of rural driving), as could the acceleration. But neither are of the sort that I'm ready to give up the car. I am waiting for the new Mazda6 (2014 model) that might have a diesel engine; I'll get one if it has a manual trans.