2010 Mazda Mazda6 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good car for the price

2010 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

Good car for the price
By Scott on

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Traded into the 6 out of a Saturn Aura XE coming off lease. The Mazda6 is my favorite in class this year due to its styling, interior space and price. It drives very well. I like a sportier feel than the cushiness of the Camry, and I hate CVTs (Altima and Legacy). The 4cyl engine does better than I thought it would, but you definitely notice the step down if coming from a V6, like me. My black cloth interior is kind of a lint trap, it seems -- the velour really shows anything that sticks to it. Comfortable, though. I am noticing a handful of little touches that the Mazda does not have, compared to the base Saturn that I leased in 2007. For the price, though, I am happy with the car.

Favorite Features

Very smooth handling and ride. Quiet interior despite some engine whine with the 4 cyl when accelerating or hill climbing. Styling is my favorite in its class. Biggest interior and trunk in class. Price is right. Base model has stereo controls on the wheel. Auto trans has manual shift mode.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights. Crank and release start. Illuminate center console at night (can't see cupholders). Improve base stereo. Trip computer on base model. Basically take a base Saturn Aura and copy its features. Improve console space - ditch the handbrake, shrink gearshift mount, give more storage room.