Getting better all the time...
By Ian on
2010 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Further to my post of Aug 23, I've now covered 1500 miles and had a longer time to evaluate this really good car. I congratulate your reviewers, as their previous comments were spot on. I got over $4250 off the price by the way. I'm getting 21.5 mpg around town and 25 on a run with clearish roads. The braking and steering is brilliant. If I have to avoid an accident, I can't think of anything I'd sooner be in then a Mazda 6. It's built in the USA too! Back seat splits and folds (Honda please copy) Runs on regular fuel (Nissan V6's please copy) Stability control standard (Nissan please copy). 215 55x17 tires are so much more sensible than the previous 45x18's (with our appalling roads)
Favorite Features
Tremendous road-holding, handling, braking. The brake pedal has great feel to it. Lovely steering with great feel too. 35 ft turning circle, so useful... Good low end torque. Man override gearbox. Space, comfort. Quality looking interior, nice cloth on the doors and soft feeling plastic.
Suggested Improvements
Claustrophobic due to styling. Cup holders need springs to stop bottles rattling around. It's a job to see the speedo when the seat and wheel is set up for me. Radio is simply awful. There's no mid- range. For this price, door mirrors should heat/fold. Unrefined for a V6 & slight wind noise .