Used 2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Nice Care Overall
By John on 03/06/10 11:54 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Had this car 2 weeks. 4 cyl is adequate at 170 hp but no thrill ride. I do mostly hwy driving. So far mpg is 27. Solid feeling car. I bought this over other sedans because of the exterior styling. Seems to stand out in a crowd. As mentioned in another review you can hear the gas in the tank. Overall I'm very pleased. One note- I'm 6'1" and the steering wheel height cuts off the top of the gauges unless you have the seat on the ground. This is annoying.

Quality vehicle at a reasonable price
By DJ on 03/03/10 19:18 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have put close to a 1,000 on this car so for and overall I'm quite satisfied. This car's exterior design is right up there with all the other competition in its class. It has just enough power for the price, it gets good gas mileage, and the ride is smooth. Other reviews indicate "excessive road noise" but I haven't noticed anything unusual. I agree that SOME of the interior accents are somewhat cheap (front side air vents, backseat fold-down cupholder, etc)but for the price, you'll be hardpressed to find a better vehicle. Before you spend the extra money on the Camry or Accord, give the Mazda 6 a look.

Zoom Zoom
By Phil on 03/03/10 11:32 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm sold on Mazda. Bought S Grand Touring after owning a Progete5 for 8 years. It truely is the poor mans Lexus getting many extras for far less than a comparable equipped Lexus or Infinity. So far I'm very happy; going on three months of ownership. I believe I got every option available so the as I added options it got a little pricey but I think worth it.

Great Buy
By DJayhawk on 03/01/10 10:44 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2008 Mazda 3 for the New Mazda 6. Great sedan. Powerful V6 Engine. Lots of features. Love the Sat Radio, Bluetooth, keyless entry and push button start. This car has it all. Huge trunk and lots of room for rear seat passengers.

The one to have!
By Mkilgore1968 on 02/25/10 19:32 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. If your going to buy a 2010 Mazda 6 spring for the Grand Touring Package. you will love it.

Not so Zoom-Zoom
By Munna Bhai on 02/19/10 07:35 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car yesterday. Car is pretty big but for this size of car an I-4, 170HP is not enough. I'm sure this car will be a lot of fun with V6 240+ HP in touring trim. Car is not alot of fun to drive. When you accelerate it, it feels like car is working hard. Interior is good but there is generous use of hard plastic that doesn't suit a 20K car. Exterior is dashing Overall I might not go for an I-4 170HP for this size of car in the future

Great Car
By Daniel on 01/17/10 10:47 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking at different cars for about 2 months. started with the Camry, Altima, Maxima, Fusion, Malibu, Jetta - and none of these cars were as fun to drive as the Mazda6. Blind spot monitoring works great the Bose sound system is very good, great responsive 4 cylinder ride is smooth but not soft. We tried the car in the snow-wet-dry and it was great,on winter tires. My only complaint is the stock Michelin tires. I'll get the new Yokohama Avid Envigors in the spring. Other than the tires I can't find anything wrong with this car. The brakes are fantastic, the trunk space is more than enough. The interior is a lot nicer and friendlier than any other car in its class. Enjoy the ride!!!

Nice, Fun to drive
By NiceRide on 01/14/10 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car since 11/09 and still get excited to hop in and go for a drive. There was one comment on road noise below, which it has some of but, much less than the new Accord we test drove. Getting about 23 MPG mixed. Great response when stepping on the gas and wanting to pass, dart, or just show off.

Worth the money, big time!
By Rob on 01/11/10 11:42 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in December of 09. I put about 3000 miles on it, so far and I can't say anything bad about it. The car handles great (put winter tiers on it) in the snow, dry or wet. The Luxury package is worth the money on the GT-i4. I am glad I got this car instead of the Nissan Altima, the Mazda is just a better car overall in my opinion. We drove to Montreal in a snow storm, and we all felt very confident that the car would take us there safely. Nice quiet, firm, stable ride. The Bose sound system with the Centrepoint Surround Sound is great, the Bluetooth, the blind spot monitoring system, the DSP, all great options. Great US built car (it was about time). Well done Mazda!

Good car for the price
By Scott on 12/30/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Traded into the 6 out of a Saturn Aura XE coming off lease. The Mazda6 is my favorite in class this year due to its styling, interior space and price. It drives very well. I like a sportier feel than the cushiness of the Camry, and I hate CVTs (Altima and Legacy). The 4cyl engine does better than I thought it would, but you definitely notice the step down if coming from a V6, like me. My black cloth interior is kind of a lint trap, it seems -- the velour really shows anything that sticks to it. Comfortable, though. I am noticing a handful of little touches that the Mazda does not have, compared to the base Saturn that I leased in 2007. For the price, though, I am happy with the car.