2010 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
If you can't afford a Jaguar
By Rod M. on 07/20/10 00:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lease expired on our beloved 2007 Mazda3 Touring. Checked out the 2010 3's and could not get past the homely grill. Test drove new Sonata and Camry. The Sonata is pretty and handles well, but the GLS feels like the economy car it is. The Camry (even in sportier SE trim) was not much fun to drive. The Fusion, Accord, Altima and Legacy styling do not move the pulse rate. If you put a leaping cat on the 6, it could be mistaken for a Jag. One car editor said it drove like a Jaguar XF. So what's the down side? The cloth seats are not that comfortable. The lumbar support does not hit me in the right place. Cheap Walmart seat cushions fixed that. Stereo is just okay. Mileage is mediocre.

Best looking car in the parking lot
By Bob NJ on 06/27/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Handles like an expensive sports car. 4cyl has good pep, manual shift is fun. The exterior design is number one with the great paint job. Getting 25 mpg around town with air cond full blast. Should get 400-500 miles a tank full.

Style, Value, and Performance
By Michael on 06/17/10 09:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Mazda, having just traded a 2007 CX-9. Exterior styling is much more attractive than Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, and it is much sportier too. This car is a tremendous value. We paid $28,500 with $2000 in rebates.

Where is the zoom?
By kayejames on 05/22/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have been very dissatisfied so far with the 2010 Mazda 6. I have the Manual sport edition. My major complaint is the throttle lag. My 1998 Corolla with 160K miles had better acceleration. Other complaints, the car shudders when reversing, the hand brake doesn't work well, the temperature control is not great and the car bottoms out very easily, I have to go extremely slowly over speed bumps. I highly recommend taking for an extended test drive before purchasing

Bang For Your Buck
By Jeff&Melissa on 05/19/10 17:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If you're like me and want to have some fun while driving but don't want to pay top dollar to get it, than the Mazda 6 Sport V6 is for you. I test drove every car in its class and some cars above it (much more expensive) and the Mazda outperformed dollar for dollar every time. I've had mine for a month now and I still have to take a look at it each time I get in or out and think to myself "what a beautiful car"

2010 MazdaA6 Grand Touring
By Bill on 04/26/10 15:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the car over the weekend. We looked at about a dozen in this category and went with the Mazda. So far we really like all the options, BlueTooth, Nav, Sirius etc.

over 1 year together
By vonsippen on 04/21/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Car runs great, but I still have the feeling that something will break down. The driving is not so comfortable, and the engine sound is too loud, it sounds like blender and both with the transmission, they think before they act. I saw more responsive trans than this one. Overall quality and ride is ok, not for elderly but still only for going to work and back. The best thing is THE LOOK. MAZDA6 looks like much more expensive car, paint job is great after a year looks shiny like new.

Fun Car
By Rich on 04/17/10 05:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for 6 months and no problems. Fun to drive, enough power for around town and great mileage. Plenty of room for two full size golf bags in trunk probably three.

Happy First Time Mazda Owner
By Sarah on 04/03/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car about two weeks ago. It's the first car we've bought since we were SUV owners. So far the Fuel Economy is great compared to an SUV. I like how it looks inside and out. It has a lot of interior space compared to other sedans we looked at. You also seem to get a lot more features at a lower price. Love the blue tooth feature. So far I am a happy first time Mazda owner and would recommend this car.

Best value I could find
By SGR on 04/01/10 07:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I did not find any other make that offers power driver seat in the trim without leather. I think I've found the best value car on the market. Mazda6 has very distinct appearance, very comfy interior with infinitely adjustable seats, and nice driving experience. From other hand, MPG is lower than I've expected

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$137 per month*