Used 2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Update...now had car 2-years
By joellein

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wrote my first review shortly after I got this car in late November, 2010 (see posting below: "Great car if you like large"). Anyway, this is still functioning as a great car for me. It still seems too large, but I cannot complain about much at all. It's got almost 30K miles and the only trips to dealer service have been for tire/wheel rotations; I do my own oil change-really easy to do on this car. I love the car for long road trips; it's quiet, has power (not a lot extra, but certainly enough), and is really comfortable.

6-speed manual transmission. It's hard to find a car with this level of refinement with a manual transmission. VW Golf is one that comes to mind. Mazda6 (new ones) still come with manuals, but only in the entry level model. Mine is the iTouring which has some upgrades. I may never give it up due to inability to find a car with the features this one has, and a manual trans.

Gas mileage could be a tad better (I'm getting 27-29 overall, but I do a fair amount of rural driving), as could the acceleration. But neither are of the sort that I'm ready to give up the car. I am waiting for the new Mazda6 (2014 model) that might have a diesel engine; I'll get one if it has a manual trans.

Great car, if you like large
By joellein

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I ended up turning in my leased '07 Mazda6 I sport value. That was a very nice car that I could have driven for another 3-5 years. But, with the zero interest loans on purchase of the new 2010 Mazda6 I decided to get one. This model has a few more features (auxillary audio input and rear spoiler) than the '07 model and is a bit quieter (less road and engine noise) and a bit more powerful engine for same gas mileage.

Comfort; the seats are multi-adjustable-I like to sit upright like I'm driving a semi truck and am able to do that in this car. Engine seems to have just enough power to make driving fun, along with the steering and chasis being on the sporty side.

The car is large. I do not think it needs to be this large and if I had a choice I would have made the new 6 the size of the previous model Mazda6; I think that was just the perfect size for 99% of most people's driving/transportation needs. I looked at several smaller cars, including Mazda3, but all had more road and engine noise than this Mazda6. So, I picked a larger than desirable car in order to get the refinement I was looking for. Wake up America! Good, refined, cars should not have to be this large.

Good car
By RHB

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Have had car now for three months. Nice car to drive. Had a manual 1988 626 previously for 23 years and that car, even old, gave much better mileage (27 city, 35 hwy) than this car; probably due to all the added built in features on 6. One cannot choose options as in old days. Performance ok now, cannot judge reliability after 3 months--maybe in 3 years. Appearance is good, trunk nice and big. Could only get black interior with manual and shows dirt quickly; Mazda should provide more interior options with this style. Seats are hard, lumbar feature not as useful for me as my old 626, wrong position. Good car with advanced features but old 626 was much sportier with better gas mileage

Performance, exterior appearance, trunk size

Seats hard, choices of interior color, lumbar support poor and needs to be improved. Black plastic is chintzy looking. Poor gas mileage

Not sure what to expect, but now happy
By The Saint

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I transitioned from a European larger mid-size sedan (VW Passat TDI) to the Mazda6. He interiors are compatible in set up, luxury, & equipment positioning. The interior is well thought out and for the driver as well as passengers. The exterior is exceptional in appearance. The car handled like a dream in very heavy snow this past winter. The 4 cyl. is way under powered and the fuel economy is average when compared to my wife's 4 cyc Accord. The ac system is a bit weak and takes a long time to cool the interior compartment. Mazda seems to like the black interiors and I found it difficult to find a light interior. For the do-it-yourselfer, the vehicle is a delight. A value thus far.

Roomy interior, large trunk, great looking, fun to drive (once moving at speed). The base sound system is average, spend the cash on the Bose upgrade.

Better mileage, better acceleration, a greater inventory of vehicles with a light interior.

MZR
By Kupo-Chan

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This new 6 drives and feel like a sports car, at the same time it offers comfortable seating for all 4 passenger. Plus enough room for extra storage. The gear shifts with little efforts and the clutch has low resistance. The shift knob position is just about right but the radio control is a little our of reach at my seating position but that's what controls on the wheel is for. The 2.5 MZR engine makes your driving experience is quit fun.

The six speed manual transmission. The race car looking tachometers and speedometer.

The out size body could do a little more works. The front and rear bumper looks a little plane. I thing it could use a little more aggressive look like its european models plus side skirt. And some chromes in the grille.