Used 2010 Mazda 6 s Touring Plus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great Car!
By skeeter22

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is the third Mazda and the second 6 that we have bought. This one is a great car! We love everything about it. Handling is top notch. Looks terrific. Excellent build quality. Nice dealership to do business with. Traded in a 2008 Mazda3 2.3 for this one. No comparison between the two cars. Highly recommended.

3.7 v6 engine, interior design, great handling, good looks, excellent build quality

How about a turbo model v6?

If you can't afford a Jaguar
By Rod M.

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lease expired on our beloved 2007 Mazda3 Touring. Checked out the 2010 3's and could not get past the homely grill. Test drove new Sonata and Camry. The Sonata is pretty and handles well, but the GLS feels like the economy car it is. The Camry (even in sportier SE trim) was not much fun to drive. The Fusion, Accord, Altima and Legacy styling do not move the pulse rate. If you put a leaping cat on the 6, it could be mistaken for a Jag. One car editor said it drove like a Jaguar XF. So what's the down side? The cloth seats are not that comfortable. The lumbar support does not hit me in the right place. Cheap Walmart seat cushions fixed that. Stereo is just okay. Mileage is mediocre.

The blind sport monitoring is pure genius. I love the styling and Sangria Red color. You can't beat the silky smoothness of the V6. The steering has perfect feel and all of the controls have a Lexus-like upscale feel. It has limousine-like rear seat room compared to the Mazda3 & a huge trunk.

Make a deal with Buick to manufacture the seats. Put a little more effort into the stereo system. Other than that, the car is perfect; better than a Jag, really, when you factor in price, maintenance and reliability.

Bang For Your Buck
By Jeff&Melissa

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If you're like me and want to have some fun while driving but don't want to pay top dollar to get it, than the Mazda 6 Sport V6 is for you. I test drove every car in its class and some cars above it (much more expensive) and the Mazda outperformed dollar for dollar every time. I've had mine for a month now and I still have to take a look at it each time I get in or out and think to myself "what a beautiful car"

The engine power and sport shift mode, styling, cabin and trunk room, intuitive control locations, bluetooth, etc,, et,c, etc.

Road noise is a little above average and shift speed is slower than I'd like - taking price into consideration I can't expect anything more though.

Getting better all the time...
By Ian

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Further to my post of Aug 23, I've now covered 1500 miles and had a longer time to evaluate this really good car. I congratulate your reviewers, as their previous comments were spot on. I got over $4250 off the price by the way. I'm getting 21.5 mpg around town and 25 on a run with clearish roads. The braking and steering is brilliant. If I have to avoid an accident, I can't think of anything I'd sooner be in then a Mazda 6. It's built in the USA too! Back seat splits and folds (Honda please copy) Runs on regular fuel (Nissan V6's please copy) Stability control standard (Nissan please copy). 215 55x17 tires are so much more sensible than the previous 45x18's (with our appalling roads)

Tremendous road-holding, handling, braking. The brake pedal has great feel to it. Lovely steering with great feel too. 35 ft turning circle, so useful... Good low end torque. Man override gearbox. Space, comfort. Quality looking interior, nice cloth on the doors and soft feeling plastic.

Claustrophobic due to styling. Cup holders need springs to stop bottles rattling around. It's a job to see the speedo when the seat and wheel is set up for me. Radio is simply awful. There's no mid- range. For this price, door mirrors should heat/fold. Unrefined for a V6 & slight wind noise .

Early days, but seems a great car
By Ian

2010 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had this car for 3 days, so early days. But first impressions rarely let me down. 2 features I prefer over the S Touring V6 model mine replaced. Wheels/tires are now 215/55/17's, instead of 45/18's. This makes more sense, as Missouri's potholes will be much more tolerant with the 17 inch wheels. The handling/roadholding/ride is tremendous. I've looked at Camrys, Accords, Fusions, Malibus and Sonatas. The Mazda, overall offers the best value. I got about $4250 off the retails price, including an above average trade in for my last car, plus a discount on the extended warranty (6 years/100,000 miles). I love the cloth seats, can't stand leather!

Ride, roadholding, space, blind spot warning on door mirrors, bluetooth, quality of interior, style, performance, fun factor! Comfort. Ease of driving, steering.

Heat the door mirrors, offer climate control as an option. I know you can have the Grand Touring, but I hate leather seats!