2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Puzzled
By buddyboy59 on 07/01/14 09:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am puzzled by the reviewers who say the 4Cyl is underpowered,and or they cant get comfortable in the car,My question is,Didnt they drive the car before their purchase?I certainly did,and although the 4Cyl is no rocketship,i find it to be perfectly suited to my needs,Comfort wise its no Lincoln or cadillac,but again it is as comfortable for my Stature as any other car in its class.Excellent value for the $$$,Drive it live with it for a hour or two,if its not for u dont buy it,if its Power u want go 6 Cyl,In closing dont Buy hamburger and then complain it doesnt taste like steak!,

Not as Good as an Accord
By cmara1 on 04/05/14 20:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After purchasing a 6 with around 30,000 miles on it, I am a bit disappointed. My main gripe is with engine. It's noticeably slower than my 4-Cylinder Accord (which isn't a rocket-ship to begin with). The lack power is to a point where I won't pass someone because I am afraid I won't have enough room. The transmission is clunky and doesn't shift when you want it to. Unlike an Accord, the engine sounds like a coffee grinder -- rough and unrefined. When accelerating the engine seems very taxed. However, the handling is very good and the 6 can be thrown around with hardly any body roll. The stereo is one of the worst I have heard in a modern car.

Expected a little more from the Zoom Zoom people
By galesburgcoins on 11/23/13 08:19 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever owned...had 3 years now. I picked this car because everything else looked alike. A+ on that, I think it's sexy hot and unique. My biggest complaints are that it doesn't have a lot of power (same engine as Mazda3 I believe - probably rocks in that model) and the gas mileage is horrible for a 4 cylinder. It gets like 20 mpg AND has a lack of power...hmmm. I always find lots of minor annoyances in a cars interior design and the 6 is no different. One think I really hate is that if you open the rear windows and not the front windows at 30 mph+ (for my dog) it totally pops your ears with negative air pressure...never seen anything like it! It actually hurts!

Looks pretty, but kind of clunky.
By hazeley on 11/19/13 19:52 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I like the appearance of the vehicle from the outside, and the price was right when I bought it. However, I found I never really got comfortable in it, even after driving it for 3 years. I'm almost 6' tall, and I felt like I was surrounded by dangerous blind spots. It's deceptively big, and kind of heavy and slow. The interior felt a little cheap, and it's so low to the ground (around 5" of clearance), but also so long that I was frequently knicking the front bumper on the ground. In a storm, I drove through a puddle that wasn't even that deep, and two parts of the plastic covering attached with plastic bolts over the engine caught in the water and ripped off.

Still Like It
By erasmus75 on 12/31/12 15:07 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Mazda 6 back in October 2010. Have around 24,000 miles Never had any major problems with it so far. I just changed my front brakes after 20,000 miles. Has pretty good pick- up for a 4 cylinder. Drives very well on the highway. Very large trunk and a roomy back. I would highly recommend this car to any perspective buyers.

Update...now had car 2-years
By joellein on 10/17/12 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wrote my first review shortly after I got this car in late November, 2010 (see posting below: "Great car if you like large"). Anyway, this is still functioning as a great car for me. It still seems too large, but I cannot complain about much at all. It's got almost 30K miles and the only trips to dealer service have been for tire/wheel rotations; I do my own oil change-really easy to do on this car. I love the car for long road trips; it's quiet, has power (not a lot extra, but certainly enough), and is really comfortable.

My6...
By seba1 on 10/03/12 16:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new in Sept. 2010. I drive this car on daily basis to work and around town. Made 35K and no issues so far. Oil changes on time and just keeping it clean. Brakes still in great condition as well as tires.Nothing to complain about.I wish I bought a 6 cylinder version to get more kick from it , but 4 cylinder motor still will get the job done.I'm getting 25.3 mpg driving in both conditions ( highway and streets). At some points ,on a highway driving at 65 mph , it gives me close to 40mpg.Car still loks great. I wash it myself , trying to avoid car washes , first , too expensive , secondly , hand washing does't destroy your paint.

Fun, but no 30 mpg!
By jaegee on 08/17/12 09:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my Altima 3.5L for this car, hoping to get better gas mileage. I haven't done better than 25.4 mpg yet, 2.5 years later. And, it does not have the zoom of a 6 cylinder (obviously). That being said, it is fun to drive, roomy, and a good-looking car. I did have to have new brakes & rotors at 30K- seemed a little soon for that! 10,000 miles later, brakes were sticking so that the rear wheel would overheat. Other minor issues- A/C is weak and stock stereo sucks. But for the most part, a good value for the price.

Melting Tail Lights - If you're out of warranty - You're Out of Luck
By gregsmazda6 on 06/01/12 10:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2010 Mazda 6 with about 44,000 miles on it. By about 48,000 miles, I noticed the tail light lenses were melting. It has stock bulbs. Dealership never saw this before (of course) but was willing to charge $350 for new tail lights. I tried going the route of "Tail Lights shouldn't melt in a year". I say they happen only after 3/36,000 warranties. Several iterations up the Mazda Corporate ladder - proved fruitless. Out-of-Warranty, Out-of-Luck. Only when I went to the NHTSA, I found (service bulletin) SB-10033969-2790), 2009/10 "Mazda 6 might experience heat deformation of the lens in warm climates" - Why isnt Mazda Selling - ARE MELTING TAIL LIGHTS ACCEPTABLE to CUSTOMERS???

Brand New - Still Reviewing...
By jumpforjan on 08/19/11 11:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this car last night. I've always loved Mazda's (I had an '89 MX-6, which my mother still drives!). Traded in my Maxima for this slightly-less fancy car, but so far I'm pretty pleased. Zippy, corners well, good pick up on the freeway, good sound system (although I do miss my Bose with Sirius XM). Dealership was awesome. Hopefully gas mileage will be better than my Maxima, and that I have it a long time.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*