Used 2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Expected a little more from the Zoom Zoom people
By galesburgcoins

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever owned...had 3 years now. I picked this car because everything else looked alike. A+ on that, I think it's sexy hot and unique. My biggest complaints are that it doesn't have a lot of power (same engine as Mazda3 I believe - probably rocks in that model) and the gas mileage is horrible for a 4 cylinder. It gets like 20 mpg AND has a lack of power...hmmm. I always find lots of minor annoyances in a cars interior design and the 6 is no different. One think I really hate is that if you open the rear windows and not the front windows at 30 mph+ (for my dog) it totally pops your ears with negative air pressure...never seen anything like it! It actually hurts!

Favorite Features

Attractive design and cool fenders. Pretty nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power and/or better gas mileage. The aerodynamics are bad if you open the windows - see my rear window comment.

Great Car
By slademt

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 6 2.5L has 170 horse power and 167 pound feet of torque. The 4 cylinder is pretty nimble. It accelerates the car from 0-60 in 7.9 seconds at it fastest. I think that is pretty good for a 4 cylinder engine that is not turbo charged. I am averaging 24 city and 33 highway in gas mileage. I bought the Touring Plus trim brand new for $22,514. The cars MSRP brand new was $24,625. The dealership gave me a good deal. The car is comfortable and fun to drive. My husband has the 3.7L Mazda 6 and that one is even more fun to drive. The car seems to be designed well. I have owned the car for 4 months now and I have not had any issues. I feel the car will be reliable.

Favorite Features

The car locks automatically once car passes 10 m/h. Love the gauge lights. The lights are a combination of blue, red and white. The blind spot monitoring system is awesome. The 5 star crash test rating gives a sense of safety. The car handles curves very well. The gas mileage is good. The seats are comfortable. Love the antitheft alarm system.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that mazda build a more powerful 4 cylinder egine that puts out 190 to 200 horse power, but still gets good gas mileage. That would make the 4 cylinder mazda 6 even more fun to drive. Include the Xenon lights in the Touring Plus trim. .

Great Car for the Money
By DanR

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I would recommend this car to anyone, without hesitation. Have been extremely happy with the features and how solid the build quality has felt so far. Where I am from, there really are very few of these cars around, so it stands out in the crowd of all the other sedans. Has great safety marks as well as being roomy enough for everything I need.

Favorite Features

Style, solid build, safety, decent 4 cyl performance and ride

Suggested Improvements

Better speaker, microphone on the Bluetooth hands free does not seem powerful enough

Full circle
By Robert

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought 2010 i touring Mazda 6 in Jan. 2010 and put 12,500 miles on it. Traded it in Oct. 2010 for another 2010 Mazda 6. Same color, same engine 2.5 4 cyl auto only difference was that I moved up to i touring plus and with added leather seating. Hows that for a 12,000 test drive. Love the car. You think.

Favorite Features

Body design,ride,handling,comfort of seats,ease of controls,great pick up on 2.5 4 cyl engine, fuel economy,trunk space and blind side monitoring.

Suggested Improvements

All models have power door locks, but had to move up to i tourning plus to get automatic door locks when put in gear or unlock when put in park. This should be standard on all models.

Very Happy
By Lynn K

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda 6 after quickly falling out of love with my 2009 Hyundai Tucson. I owned the Tucson for only 9 months (that was long enough). I loved the styling of the Mazda 6 inside and out. I like my model (the Touring Plus) because it has the blind side monitoring and the underside of the door handles light up when you unlock the car at night. The interior is solid and designed nicely. The exterior is sleek and good looking. My only complaint would be the acceleration being somewhat sluggish when starting from a stopped position. If I had to do all over again, I would absolutely buy this car again. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Blind Side Monitoring, GIANT trunk, roomy interior and overall design.

Suggested Improvements

Improved acceleration, some sort of cover over the ac adapter on the dash (looks weird).