2010 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Expected a little more from the Zoom Zoom people
By galesburgcoins on 11/23/13 08:19 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever owned...had 3 years now. I picked this car because everything else looked alike. A+ on that, I think it's sexy hot and unique. My biggest complaints are that it doesn't have a lot of power (same engine as Mazda3 I believe - probably rocks in that model) and the gas mileage is horrible for a 4 cylinder. It gets like 20 mpg AND has a lack of power...hmmm. I always find lots of minor annoyances in a cars interior design and the 6 is no different. One think I really hate is that if you open the rear windows and not the front windows at 30 mph+ (for my dog) it totally pops your ears with negative air pressure...never seen anything like it! It actually hurts!

Great Car
By slademt on 12/29/10 10:04 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 6 2.5L has 170 horse power and 167 pound feet of torque. The 4 cylinder is pretty nimble. It accelerates the car from 0-60 in 7.9 seconds at it fastest. I think that is pretty good for a 4 cylinder engine that is not turbo charged. I am averaging 24 city and 33 highway in gas mileage. I bought the Touring Plus trim brand new for $22,514. The cars MSRP brand new was $24,625. The dealership gave me a good deal. The car is comfortable and fun to drive. My husband has the 3.7L Mazda 6 and that one is even more fun to drive. The car seems to be designed well. I have owned the car for 4 months now and I have not had any issues. I feel the car will be reliable.

Great Car for the Money
By DanR on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I would recommend this car to anyone, without hesitation. Have been extremely happy with the features and how solid the build quality has felt so far. Where I am from, there really are very few of these cars around, so it stands out in the crowd of all the other sedans. Has great safety marks as well as being roomy enough for everything I need.

Full circle
By Robert on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought 2010 i touring Mazda 6 in Jan. 2010 and put 12,500 miles on it. Traded it in Oct. 2010 for another 2010 Mazda 6. Same color, same engine 2.5 4 cyl auto only difference was that I moved up to i touring plus and with added leather seating. Hows that for a 12,000 test drive. Love the car. You think.

Very Happy
By Lynn K on 08/31/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda 6 after quickly falling out of love with my 2009 Hyundai Tucson. I owned the Tucson for only 9 months (that was long enough). I loved the styling of the Mazda 6 inside and out. I like my model (the Touring Plus) because it has the blind side monitoring and the underside of the door handles light up when you unlock the car at night. The interior is solid and designed nicely. The exterior is sleek and good looking. My only complaint would be the acceleration being somewhat sluggish when starting from a stopped position. If I had to do all over again, I would absolutely buy this car again. I highly recommend it.

Love my Mazda 6 ITP
By Prophet92 on 08/19/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After 5000 miles, I have no complains about my Mazda 6, ITP - V4, ebony black and black interior. So far, I can say that the Mazda 6 is a great car for its value. It's slick and sporty design stands out from the rest of of the pack. Handles really well and actually zooms as needed. It is not a racing car but a zooming sporty everyday sedan. I added HID lights (inside/outside), tinted windows, silver bumper protector, mud flaps, silver door handles and pillar posts. I get nothing but compliments about it.

Happy First Time Mazda Owner
By Sarah on 04/03/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car about two weeks ago. It's the first car we've bought since we were SUV owners. So far the Fuel Economy is great compared to an SUV. I like how it looks inside and out. It has a lot of interior space compared to other sedans we looked at. You also seem to get a lot more features at a lower price. Love the blue tooth feature. So far I am a happy first time Mazda owner and would recommend this car.

Nice Care Overall
By John on 03/06/10 11:54 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Had this car 2 weeks. 4 cyl is adequate at 170 hp but no thrill ride. I do mostly hwy driving. So far mpg is 27. Solid feeling car. I bought this over other sedans because of the exterior styling. Seems to stand out in a crowd. As mentioned in another review you can hear the gas in the tank. Overall I'm very pleased. One note- I'm 6'1" and the steering wheel height cuts off the top of the gauges unless you have the seat on the ground. This is annoying.

Mazda gets it right
By JRW on 10/11/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I turned in a 2007 Mazda6 Touring for a 2010 i Touring Plus. Mazda took criticism of the former model to heart and has produced an excellent machine. It's quieter, smoother and roomier. Beautiful exterior design sets the new Mazda6 apart from its peers. Some decontenting appears in the 2010 to hold down costs, but Mazda's compromises aren't deal-breakers. Highly recommended.

Only a week old
By RonG. on 10/07/09 06:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I only recently purchased this car and am so far pleased. After driving a diesel for the last 4+ years, even 170 HP feels strong at highway speeds! I wasn't sure about the "Red Mica" at first, but I've grown to like it. It seems to be quiet at highway speeds and rides smoothly. I have to get used to the "Blind Spot" system. When you pass a car, or a car passes you in the adjoining lane, the yellow indicator light in the mirrors will light up. I wonder if it may cause other drivers to mistake it for a turn indicator & think you're about to change lanes on them. It will also indicate when you're driving next to concrete barriers and guard rails (sometimes).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$137 per month*