Used 2010 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Puzzled
By buddyboy59

2010 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am puzzled by the reviewers who say the 4Cyl is underpowered,and or they cant get comfortable in the car,My question is,Didnt they drive the car before their purchase?I certainly did,and although the 4Cyl is no rocketship,i find it to be perfectly suited to my needs,Comfort wise its no Lincoln or cadillac,but again it is as comfortable for my Stature as any other car in its class.Excellent value for the $$$,Drive it live with it for a hour or two,if its not for u dont buy it,if its Power u want go 6 Cyl,In closing dont Buy hamburger and then complain it doesnt taste like steak!,

Styling,overall value

Power seat standard all models

Not as Good as an Accord
By cmara1

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After purchasing a 6 with around 30,000 miles on it, I am a bit disappointed. My main gripe is with engine. It's noticeably slower than my 4-Cylinder Accord (which isn't a rocket-ship to begin with). The lack power is to a point where I won't pass someone because I am afraid I won't have enough room. The transmission is clunky and doesn't shift when you want it to. Unlike an Accord, the engine sounds like a coffee grinder -- rough and unrefined. When accelerating the engine seems very taxed. However, the handling is very good and the 6 can be thrown around with hardly any body roll. The stereo is one of the worst I have heard in a modern car.

Handling, Styling

Weak Air Conditioning, Terrible Stock Stereo, Clunky Transmission, Not Enough Power, Exterior Panel Gaps

Expected a little more from the Zoom Zoom people
By galesburgcoins

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever owned...had 3 years now. I picked this car because everything else looked alike. A+ on that, I think it's sexy hot and unique. My biggest complaints are that it doesn't have a lot of power (same engine as Mazda3 I believe - probably rocks in that model) and the gas mileage is horrible for a 4 cylinder. It gets like 20 mpg AND has a lack of power...hmmm. I always find lots of minor annoyances in a cars interior design and the 6 is no different. One think I really hate is that if you open the rear windows and not the front windows at 30 mph+ (for my dog) it totally pops your ears with negative air pressure...never seen anything like it! It actually hurts!

Attractive design and cool fenders. Pretty nice interior.

Needs more power and/or better gas mileage. The aerodynamics are bad if you open the windows - see my rear window comment.

Looks pretty, but kind of clunky.
By hazeley

2010 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I like the appearance of the vehicle from the outside, and the price was right when I bought it. However, I found I never really got comfortable in it, even after driving it for 3 years. I'm almost 6' tall, and I felt like I was surrounded by dangerous blind spots. It's deceptively big, and kind of heavy and slow. The interior felt a little cheap, and it's so low to the ground (around 5" of clearance), but also so long that I was frequently knicking the front bumper on the ground. In a storm, I drove through a puddle that wasn't even that deep, and two parts of the plastic covering attached with plastic bolts over the engine caught in the water and ripped off.

The appearance from the outside, price.

Make it a shorter, provide better ground clearance and reduce the blind spots for taller drivers. Also, make the headlights easier to replace!!! They're a pain to change, you have to disassemble the wheel well to get at it. I just went car shopping for a new vehicle to replace the Maz and headlight replacement procedure was on my list of questions for the dealers.

Still Like It
By erasmus75

2010 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Mazda 6 back in October 2010. Have around 24,000 miles Never had any major problems with it so far. I just changed my front brakes after 20,000 miles. Has pretty good pick- up for a 4 cylinder. Drives very well on the highway. Very large trunk and a roomy back. I would highly recommend this car to any perspective buyers.