Used 2010 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

First Mazda Ever Is Best Car I Ever Had!
By Richard Damico

2010 Mazda 6 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Watch problems with low beam bulbs. Otherwise, no problems with 105K miles on it. Drive it to work each day 40 miles with no probs. Bought it used for $13,000 with 28K on odometer from Agawam, Mass. dealer. Brought to Connecticut, Would buy this car again despite light bulbs blowing out a lot. Great car and no need to pay expensive upcharges for Toyota or Honda when you can have a Mazda for less. Way better car than Nissan Hyundai Kia Subaru or any of the other Asian marques.

Has been a great riding and long trip car.
By Phil Smith

2010 Mazda 6 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Low road noise, good mileage, very comfortable. Low maintenance costs, good mileage results on tires, lots of storage and cargo space. May decide not to trade at this point. Still a very sound vehicle after 96,000 miles.

Puzzled
By buddyboy59

2010 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am puzzled by the reviewers who say the 4Cyl is underpowered,and or they cant get comfortable in the car,My question is,Didnt they drive the car before their purchase?I certainly did,and although the 4Cyl is no rocketship,i find it to be perfectly suited to my needs,Comfort wise its no Lincoln or cadillac,but again it is as comfortable for my Stature as any other car in its class.Excellent value for the $$$,Drive it live with it for a hour or two,if its not for u dont buy it,if its Power u want go 6 Cyl,In closing dont Buy hamburger and then complain it doesnt taste like steak!,

Styling,overall value

Power seat standard all models

Not as Good as an Accord
By cmara1

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After purchasing a 6 with around 30,000 miles on it, I am a bit disappointed.
My main gripe is with engine.
It's noticeably slower than my 4-Cylinder Accord (which isn't a rocket-ship to begin with).
The lack power is to a point where I won't pass someone because I am afraid I won't have enough room.
The transmission is clunky and doesn't shift when you want it to.
Unlike an Accord, the engine sounds like a coffee grinder -- rough and unrefined. When accelerating the engine seems very taxed.
However, the handling is very good and the 6 can be thrown around with hardly any body roll.
The stereo is one of the worst I have heard in a modern car.

Handling, Styling

Weak Air Conditioning, Terrible Stock Stereo, Clunky Transmission, Not Enough Power, Exterior Panel Gaps

Expected a little more from the Zoom Zoom people
By galesburgcoins

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever owned...had 3 years now.
I picked this car because everything else looked alike.
A+ on that, I think it's sexy hot and unique.
My biggest complaints are that it doesn't have a lot of power (same engine as Mazda3 I believe - probably rocks in that model) and the gas mileage is horrible for a 4 cylinder.
It gets like 20 mpg AND has a lack of power...hmmm.
I always find lots of minor annoyances in a cars interior design and the 6 is no different.
One think I really hate is that if you open the rear windows and not the front windows at 30 mph+ (for my dog) it totally pops your ears with negative air pressure...never seen anything like it!
It actually hurts!

Attractive design and cool fenders. Pretty nice interior.

Needs more power and/or better gas mileage. The aerodynamics are bad if you open the windows - see my rear window comment.