2009 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Bought the car new.

2009 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

s Grand Touring Sedan (3.7L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Bought the car new.
By 09mazda6gts on

2009 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car and have no regrets buying it. There have been a few issues with the car. The battery went bad at two years. The rain sensing wipers are irritating. They will go into high speed in light rain. I bought nav but never use it, (I have Google Maps on my smart phone, much easier to use). I got locked in the car when my wife got out with the key and the doors locked when she walked away. I had to lay on the horn to get her to come back and let me out. The dealer had never heard of that. This wasn't a one time deal, it happens every time in the same situation. 63K on it now, replaced the tires and brakes. The power is great and the tranny is super smooth. Would buy again.

The car came loaded. Love the sunroof, traction control, stability control, BSM, seat memory, heated seats, XM radio, etc. Traction control has to be turned off when punching it from a dead stop. The wheels spin plenty, especially on half worn tires. This car is fast! I was going to try it at the strip. The transmission is so smooth, up shifting and down shifting that I didn't want to take a chance wrecking something just to see how fast it is. I never back down from a red light challenge though.

The wide wheels have no protection when touching the curb. If you touch the curb, it's the wheels that make first contact, not the tires. It would be nice to have a way to disable the rain sensing wipers. It has to be auto sensing, on, or off. There is no intermittent setting. Redesign the door lock system so the doors can be opened from the inside once they're locked. Can't believe there isn't a recall on this. There is a recall for the door hinge bolts falling out, haven't had that problem yet. This is a great car and I intend to keep it for many more years. The reliability has been excellent.