2009 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Pretty Sweet Ride

2009 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

2009 Mazda 6

i Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Pretty Sweet Ride
By rogerwa1 on

2009 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked mine up this week. I think the looks are awesome, it rides very well. Just the balance of firmness and softness. The cabin is very quiet and the features, especially with the Convenience and the Bose package are well worth it. I will say the Bose, while sufficient, is less than I expected. It is a very comfortable and roomy car. The roomy backseat makes this a great family sedan. I was very surprised that I was able to get rubber in second gear. I have the 6spd and it pulls pretty nicely in 3rd and fourth but would like a steeper 6th gear OD. I also am having a hard time find a smooth 1==>2 shift point without winding it up.

I love the interior and the exterior. The pushbutton and advanced keyless entry. The Bluetooth is great and the interior at night is cool.

A little disappointed in low end torque and the tone of the exhaust. The Jetta Turbo and TDI torque and tone was better. Revs too high in 6th gear. It drives fine and is responsive but should be turning 2800 or so RPM at 70mph, not 3200.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review