Pretty good bang for the buck
By tonyryder on
2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Looked at Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS 250 and others before purchasing my 2006 Mazda6 (GT model in Canada - V6, leather, sunroof, NAV system) in April 2009 and in my opinion this car offered the best value in it's class. The pick up is amazing with hardly any torque in the steering wheel at all. Styling is absolutely gorgeous, people are mistaking it for all kinds of other high-end cars and are surprised that it is a Mazda. Interior space is very generous and comfortable, but the driver's seat bolster feels as if it's cutting off the blood supply to my left thigh causing me to shift my butt all the time. Very large trunk with room for 3 to 4 good size suitcases.
Favorite Features
Styling, Performance and handling is very crisp and precise! Large back seat with center arm rest and 40/60 drop seat back with pass through from the trunk area.
Suggested Improvements
Driver's seat bolster cuts into my left leg. Maybe some softer padding? There are no updates available for the NAV system since 2007. (I checked with Mazda) Highway fuel consumption is reasonable, but it is very thirsty in city driving. Terrible wear, low profile performance tires