2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Nice Ride
By Yamil Munoz on 07/29/09 21:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I really like this car, is very fun, to drive, the paddle shift are excellent, in my country a car in that range with xenon its really great

Good overall
By bricknord on 07/28/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: Body style is distinctive. Standard DSC. Roomy. Quiet at highway speed. Uncluttered dash controls. Huge trunk. Nice firm suspension. You don't blend into the sea of Camcords in a parking lot. Good combination of fuel efficiency, size, handling, and looks. Base stereo far better than our Civic EX-L. Cons: Front seats shaped weirdly, not the best comfort. Steering wheel obscures top of gauges when adjusted properly. Stupid red gauge lighting reminds me of wife's old junky pontiac grand-am. Auto trans shifts in and out of overdrive too often. Clear shifter surround panel scratches easily. Little support from online forums, not nearly as much as VW or Honda message boards.

Zoom Zoom Again!!
By Donnie on 07/27/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this Mazda 6 as an upgrade from my Mazda 3. This car is unbelievable. Not only is it fun to drive, but the ride is out of this world. You get it all in this Mazda 6, comfort, luxury, eye catching and don't forget the Zoom Zoom. I looked and test drove 3 other cars (Infiniti G37, VW Passat CC & Toyota Venza) This car beats them 9 out of 10 categories. If you are looking for a new car I would recommend you take this Mazda 6 for a ride...You will not be disappointed

Terrific machine
By jiml on 07/21/09 17:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After carefully shopping all midsized autos, there was no contest - the others just didn't match up. Now after over 8,000 mi and traveling from Cal to Ala. and back I'm still impressed. It's a combination of capabilities - on curvy mountain roads it's a sports car; when passing up hill on a two lane road it's a hot rod; when hauling people it's a roomy, comfortable, relaxing ride. What was most surprising was the gas mileage - better than advertised. I get 21 and a half doing 50-50 town and country, and driving cross country with hours at 75 and 80 mph I averaged just over 27 mpg.

Black 2009 Mazda s Grand Touring
By Mark on 07/20/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the 2008 G35 sedan, the 2008 Saab9-5, the Lincoln MKZ, and the 2009 Nissan Maxima and found the 2009 Mazda6 to be a better value for the money compared to all of them. It really is fun to drive and has a lot of power when you need it. It has great stylish looks inside and out and I like that Mazda took a tested engine (from the CX-9) and didn't make a brand new one. It will be interesting to see how this does now against the Honda Accord and Toyota Camery since it's now on par with those cars and might be an even better value.

Finally feel like a Dad!
By gdogmoney on 07/19/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with a 2-year old son in mind. I needed a four door car with a little sportiness to it. I found it in the 2009 Mazda 6. I was impressed with the overall design of this car. I considered it better than the American cars I saw on the road. It had the right amount of power for my taste and the amenities are extraordinary. I got the iTouring with the Bose system, it has some kick. The 2.5 4 suits me fine, but the fuel economy was a little lacking, but thats ok. The quality and design are the reason I got this car and I left the dealer feeling pretty satisfied.

New Car
By Carl A. Carlson on 07/18/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have just purchased this car and have driven it about 1500 mile, including a trip of 1100 miles and have loved every minute of it. So far it has performed to perfection. It has more bells and whistles than I knew existed but they all work and are quite useful. Would recommend this car to anyone and the dealer C & S Car Co. in Waterloo, Iowa. It far surpasses the 02 Altima we traded on it.

First time Mazda purchase
By Bruce on 07/13/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a 98 Lexus sedan with 170,000 miles for the new s grand touring. Looked at Camray and Accord but thought the Mazda offered better value for the money. Interior is refined with no gimmicks to clutter the appearance, although materials are plastic, appearance is disguised well. Love the red / blue night lighting. Power is superb and delivered effortlessly via the 6 speed automatic.The auto-stick is also fun for a change now and then. Ride is sporty, not plush. Navigation works very well although the menu operating system is a bit quirky compared to other units. Sound system is a 10+. Only complaint with 10k miles is the paint seems a bit fragile, with numerous front bumper chips.

Get The Automatic!!!!
By iceplusplus on 07/07/09 04:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have always liked to drive a stick and so I opted for the 6 speed manual. It is a mistake on this car. The gearing is such that the car revs at 3000 RPM or higher on the highway at 65-70 MPH. I drove an automatic when on a trip recently, and it only revs at 2000-2500 RPM at highway speeds. This gearing is probably why the automatic gets better mileage. The automatic shifts fast and smooth and is no slouch either. If I had it to do again, automatic all the way. The four isn't bad. But the six kicks tail. If you can get the six for a good deal, jump on it. You won't regret it even with the lower gas mileage. Option wise, it is almost in a class with a Lexus

I love this car!
By Boss Man on 07/06/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Mazda6 itouring for 4 months now and I can tell you without a doubt this is the best car for the money on the road. I test drove 13 cars before deciding to pull the trigger on the 6. I drove both the i&s and decided on the 4 cylinder for the fuel economy. It has plenty of jump and is really fun to drive. I love the improvements they made redesigning this car. I have put this car up against the BMW 3 series, the Acura TL, the Honda Accord, and several more. It more than holds it's own with handling and suspension. Everyone tells me how nice this car is. It is so fun to drive. What more can I say? Zoom Zoom!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*