Used 2009 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Didn't know practicality could be so fun
By Stephen

2009 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Found a Black '09 i Touring (Plus) - Bose sound system with Satellite radio, sunroof, bluetooth, advanced keyless entry, Xenon headlamps, Leather w/cloth insert seating, 6 speed manual, cruise control. I've only had the car for less than a month, but am totally loving it! I've put 1800 miles on it already and don't want to stop driving - it's just too much fun. 6 speed manual is a very nice transmission, and although it's only got 170hp it can really move when you need it to. Fit and finish is very nice, and the doors even sound nice and solid when you close them. MPG is very respectable. Suspension is firm but comfortable. Loads of trunk space. Mazda has done a fine job with the 6!

6 speed manual transmission, Bluetooth integration with stereo, keyless entry and push button start(you never have to get the key out of your pocket!), large trunk

Seating is comfortable but could be slightly less firm, a few more horsepower would be nice(applies to 4 cylinder only)

My just reward
By Michael B.

2009 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased the iSport on Thursday. WOW... Very fun to drive, great on corners, accelerates good enough for interstate roads and speed limits. The body style is excellent. I love it.

Styling, interior quality of parts. Excellent features for the money.

Black Beauty
By tonyryder

2009 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 2 previous Mazdas before. We had a 2002 Protege 5 and a 2005 Mazda3 GT Sport(much better overall than the Protege). Trade in value is excellent, even for a 3 year old M3 with 80,000 km on it we received more than I was expecting. We looked at other mid-size sedans (Mercedes C-class, Lexus IS, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord etc) and I believe that Mazda is offering the best "bang for the buck". We have now driven the 2009 Mazda6 since April 2009 and we love the styling and the real sporty, solid feel and handling. Features like blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, heated/memory seats (Canada eh?), large trunk, roomy backseat and Bose sound all add to the overall value of this car.

Blind spot monitoring, Push button start, Heated seats, Roomy trunk, Solid handling

The NAV/Radio/CD system is cumbersome and not intuitive, and requires a long learning curve. The car came with a 2007 map CD and so far NO updates have been made available. The seats are on the firm side, but I hope that in time they will start feeling a little cushier. The car is quite thirsty....

It turns heads
By Arif

2009 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great Value for the $$. Don't see many on the road so looks different. Every time in public place, people ask what car is this? Love it.

Xenon lights, touch start and auto lock, unlock. Exterior Styling. Water bottle holder in front side pockets

Nice to have storage pockets in the back seat.

Pleasant Surprise
By Curtis789

2009 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Japanese car. I am pleasantly surprised with the performance of this 4-cyl sedan. The 5-speed tranny is the best designed auto I've ever owned, getting the most out of the available power. For city or mixed use, get the 4-cyl. Full load or 100% highway, you may want to consider the 6-cyl. I did not drive the 6 speed auto tranny. Excellent design and build quality. I'm a small guy and I'm still searching around for the seat position that will match the comfort of my old Chrysler 300M, but the support is better in the Mazda. In many circumstances, the Mazda is faster, e.g., starting from red lights.

2.5L 4-cyl engine matched with 5-speed manumatic tranny.

Front seat comfort, real-time read of tire pressure instead of low pressure alert only.