Used 2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Wowwy Wowzer
By Wowwy Wowwy

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If you have never taking this car for a spin around the block, man are you missing out! We test drove one on the freeway and before i knew it i was over 100mph!!! Superior acceleration and handling over others and the proximity keys, memory seat, sunroof and Bose make a great combo. HUGE truck even with the seats up. Jet black leather with heated seats. Hands-free bluetooth is AWESOME!

Favorite Features

Memory seats, Home-link, proximity door locks, FAST Zoom-Zoom. BOSE 6-disc - 10 speaker surround sound ROCKS! auto windshield wipers, dimming mirrors

Suggested Improvements

road noise from 18" wheels, wish mirrors folded for tight parking spots

Goodbye Mazda
By nms68

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased a Tribute for 4yrs and loved it, I was thrilled to get into the next lease, but 6 was the car to push at that time. I wanted a Tribute, but dealership no longer carried and convinced me this car was great. One month after driving off the lot, I began having battery problems. Something was draining it but no one knew what. They said it was my 3rd party installed REMOTE STARTER (had that disconnected), THEN they said it was a ROOM FUSE(?). Now I am being told it is a CONTROL MODULE. Brake light comes on on its own. This car has been at dealership over two months total with no resolution. When this lease is up, Mazda will never see me again

Favorite Features

Extremely roomy back seat (too bad I have to sit up front to drive) The body style is very sleek.

Suggested Improvements

Better train Mazda technicians to find problems with car (maybe this is just a New England issue)

Great Decision
By Aeroman

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 6 for 9 months (~9000 miles). Love the exterior and the performance. I am a little disappointed in the fuel economy. I guess I miss my turbo Saab mileage. I have to have the brake rotors replaced as they are already warped even though I am VERY easy on my brakes. The car also seems to have a "niggly" vibration as the engine revs pass through 2500 RPM. Overall the car is a great value, handles well, loads of power, love the engine growl. My original choice was going to be either a BMW 3 series or an Infinity G35 sedan. The Mazda 6 convinced me I didn't need to spend the extra cash to get what I wanted. Great job Mazda.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, I added the rear spoiler, mud flaps, and trunk lid sill protector both look great. Seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I was looking for a manual in this model but it is only offered in the 4 cyl. model. Optional premium audio system. The Bose system is kinda flat.

Love it!
By Annie

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Great fuel mileage. Lots of pickup for a four cylinder. Great body style. Mazda is a great car to own. Doesn't get the respect it deserves!

Favorite Features

Sleek sporty body style. Look of a much higher priced luxury car

Suggested Improvements

Alloys instead of hubcaps on the iSport and larger tires. I upgraded mine and it improves the look tremendously.

Didn't know practicality could be so fun
By Stephen

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Found a Black '09 i Touring (Plus) - Bose sound system with Satellite radio, sunroof, bluetooth, advanced keyless entry, Xenon headlamps, Leather w/cloth insert seating, 6 speed manual, cruise control. I've only had the car for less than a month, but am totally loving it! I've put 1800 miles on it already and don't want to stop driving - it's just too much fun. 6 speed manual is a very nice transmission, and although it's only got 170hp it can really move when you need it to. Fit and finish is very nice, and the doors even sound nice and solid when you close them. MPG is very respectable. Suspension is firm but comfortable. Loads of trunk space. Mazda has done a fine job with the 6!

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission, Bluetooth integration with stereo, keyless entry and push button start(you never have to get the key out of your pocket!), large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Seating is comfortable but could be slightly less firm, a few more horsepower would be nice(applies to 4 cylinder only)