Used 2009 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

zoom zoom
By wisconsinzoomzoom

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I am in my car at least 10 hours a week and I often have a car full of people. It's fun, and safe, to drive. Backseat riders have tons of space. We bought this car new almost two years ago and still love it. The sound system is great (we have the Bose system) and we love the over look of the car. And it handles great in snowy, crummy weather.

Trunk, space, moon roof, storage, blind spot indicators, keyless entry and start,

Black interior shows dust easily, child lock on backseat doors is easily pushed

LOVE this car!
By Laura G

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a silver 2009 I-touring plus to replace my 2002 Mazda Protege. The car is wonderful - well-built, smooth riding, and good looking inside and out. The blue backlighting on the gauges is SO COOL! I've received many compliments on the car. The dealership I bought from has a 14-acre test track on site, so I was able to put the car through its paces. I was thrilled with how the vehicle responded. The 6 is larger than the Protege, but still very agile and responsive. The car combines luxury and sportiness at an affordable price.

Roomy, comfortable, stylish interior. Beautiful, sleek exterior styling. Blind spot monitoring, sunroof, stereo, safety features, lumbar support and power seats. Lots of convenient nooks and crannies for storage. Upscale-looking silver and black interior trim. Steering wheel controls. 6 cd player.

Turn signals on the mirrors, cargo net for the trunk.

Wowwy Wowzer
By Wowwy Wowwy

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If you have never taking this car for a spin around the block, man are you missing out! We test drove one on the freeway and before i knew it i was over 100mph!!! Superior acceleration and handling over others and the proximity keys, memory seat, sunroof and Bose make a great combo. HUGE truck even with the seats up. Jet black leather with heated seats. Hands-free bluetooth is AWESOME!

Memory seats, Home-link, proximity door locks, FAST Zoom-Zoom. BOSE 6-disc - 10 speaker surround sound ROCKS! auto windshield wipers, dimming mirrors

road noise from 18" wheels, wish mirrors folded for tight parking spots

Goodbye Mazda
By nms68

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased a Tribute for 4yrs and loved it, I was thrilled to get into the next lease, but 6 was the car to push at that time. I wanted a Tribute, but dealership no longer carried and convinced me this car was great. One month after driving off the lot, I began having battery problems. Something was draining it but no one knew what. They said it was my 3rd party installed REMOTE STARTER (had that disconnected), THEN they said it was a ROOM FUSE(?). Now I am being told it is a CONTROL MODULE. Brake light comes on on its own. This car has been at dealership over two months total with no resolution. When this lease is up, Mazda will never see me again

Extremely roomy back seat (too bad I have to sit up front to drive) The body style is very sleek.

Better train Mazda technicians to find problems with car (maybe this is just a New England issue)

Great Decision
By Aeroman

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 6 for 9 months (~9000 miles). Love the exterior and the performance. I am a little disappointed in the fuel economy. I guess I miss my turbo Saab mileage. I have to have the brake rotors replaced as they are already warped even though I am VERY easy on my brakes. The car also seems to have a "niggly" vibration as the engine revs pass through 2500 RPM. Overall the car is a great value, handles well, loads of power, love the engine growl. My original choice was going to be either a BMW 3 series or an Infinity G35 sedan. The Mazda 6 convinced me I didn't need to spend the extra cash to get what I wanted. Great job Mazda.

Exterior styling, I added the rear spoiler, mud flaps, and trunk lid sill protector both look great. Seats are very comfortable.

I was looking for a manual in this model but it is only offered in the 4 cyl. model. Optional premium audio system. The Bose system is kinda flat.