2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Exquisite!!
By vkr on 09/03/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car has state-of-the-art features seen only in luxury cars. And it's not cheap/unreliable, everything has worked flawless (rainsense wipers with sensitivity setting, keyless entry, bluetooth, blind-spotmonitor, driver+passenger side temp ctrl, driver seat that memorizes each driver's setting based on key, ability to roll windows using remote fob, ability to close windows/sunroof from outside, awesome bose speakers, audio with DVR like rew/fwd to a previously played track (it has memory!), ability to fold rear seat with 60/40 split, fuel consumption monitor. mpg: The consumption monitor is great driving aid. Without it I avg 21, but after using it I avg 23 (becoming a better mpg driver!)

Mazda6 4-cyl iTouring-BlackCherryMettali
By Kris on 09/02/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car with the Bose/Moonroof package on 6th June '09. Have almost 5000 miles on it! (less than 3 months). Love driving this car around. Great mileage - combined EPA estimate is 24 mpg, I have regularly got over 26.5 mpg. On a really long trip I got 30.2 mpg. (All calculations based on full tank and trip meter) 170 hp makes it one of the most powerful car in it's category. Bose 10 speaker sound is awesome. Fog lights are nice. Good Michelin tires, but I think squeals a tad too much sometimes. I test drove the Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, VW Passat and CC (liked the CC a lot, but 4 seater) - Mazda6 as a package, features and price, won hands down.

A Decent Choice
By Mazda Owner on 09/01/09 22:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been great. I have received a lot of comments from young and old on how nice the car looks. I bought the car with the convenience package and love the BSM and the Xenon headlights. I can see the road at night! The seating is comfortable and am pleased with the design and layout of the interior. However, the mpg is a bit disappointing- I average 23 mpg combined (probably because of the way I drive). The performance is ok, there isn't really much of a zoom-zoom, probably because its a 4 cyl. To get up hills at a decent speed, I have to operate at 3500 rpm. One good thing though, the car accelerates pretty quickly. I usually end up leaving cars behind. It's a good car overall.

A Marvelous Car
By Barry on 09/01/09 18:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I took possession of the Mazda 6 gt August 15th have 2500km already and couldn't be happier. The price of the car with all the features is second to none. I drove an Acura 3.2TL and this car is certainly on par. It is true what many of the previous reviews have said it is a sporty luxuary car without the Lexus nameplate. The car handles well takes bumps without much thump, engine is very quiet. The upgraded stereo is music to the ears and I have had no problems with the GPS Nav system other than it seems to dislike guiding you the the nearest highway sometimes. Fit and Finish are above par and the engine is very quiet with lots of pep in the 6 Mazda has a winner here

The more I drive it, the less I like it
By MikeH on 08/21/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

There are way too many problems popping up with my Mazda6. So much so I am trading it in on something else. Headlight lenses that collect condensate. A/C that causes condensation on the dashboard. The car is 6 months old and it's got problems that shouldn't be occurring in an auto.

Look who has stepped up their game!
By jimsrod on 08/09/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Best in class! My wife has an Altima 3.5 SE CVT Coupe with all options. I wanted a car with all the same features but in a sedan that has more style than all the others in it's class. The Mazda 6s GT does it all with style. I bought a 1st gen Mazda 6s in 2003, which was a decent car for the price. It wasn't better than others in it's class back then. The new 6 is a far superior car. Mazda engineers really hit the mark with it. I was looking at the next step up in class (Maxima or G37) for style, tech pkg, refinement. The 6 matches them and for way less money. Test them all - Fusion, Malibu, Accord, Camry, Altima. It's awesome and performs like my 04 A6 2.7T I just sold ONLY BETTER

6i Grand Touring
By ctl on 08/06/09 21:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After driving the Mazda6, none of the other cars I tested (Altima, Accord, Legacy, Camry) could match the combination of features/performance/style. The acceleration is better than I expected with a 4cyl and the suspension has an excellent balance between handling and comfort. The Michelin tires do squeal too early though. The dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use. The GT has more features than I know what to do with. I especially love the blue tooth connection for my cell phone. The only minor disappointment is the gas mileage. After 2 months, I'm only getting 21 mpg in combo city/highway driving but that's a small price to pay for an excellent car.

Mazda6 V6 replaces Altima
By Aaron R on 08/03/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A little over a year ago I purchased a new Nissan Altima. It was close to a strip model and I was never really satisfied with the car. Checked out the Mazda6 with the 4 cylinder and thought it was a nicely appointed car but the power was not what I expected. The dealer pulled around a Touring S model with the V6. Wow what a difference, I was sold as soon as I hit the acceleration. I got a great deal since they were having huge rebates and $1000 buyer loyalty credit. (Also own a 2007 CX7) I had an 07 IS250 and this car is almost identical in looks and features in my opinion.

Pretty Sweet Ride
By rogerwa1 on 07/30/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked mine up this week. I think the looks are awesome, it rides very well. Just the balance of firmness and softness. The cabin is very quiet and the features, especially with the Convenience and the Bose package are well worth it. I will say the Bose, while sufficient, is less than I expected. It is a very comfortable and roomy car. The roomy backseat makes this a great family sedan. I was very surprised that I was able to get rubber in second gear. I have the 6spd and it pulls pretty nicely in 3rd and fourth but would like a steeper 6th gear OD. I also am having a hard time find a smooth 1==>2 shift point without winding it up.

So Far Not So Bad
By sangria6 on 07/30/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Oct 08 and received a great deal. Have 6200 miles on it and have not had any issues. Mileage is great, performance is great. Paint quality/durability seems to be lacking. Possibly needs a better clear coat? Ride comfort, features, quiet interior, and looks are really nice. No issues at all. Prefer the "old school" oil filter spin on canisters, but hopefully a conversion kit will be out soon.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*