2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
My just reward
By Michael B. on 03/07/10 15:02 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased the iSport on Thursday. WOW... Very fun to drive, great on corners, accelerates good enough for interstate roads and speed limits. The body style is excellent. I love it.

Black Beauty
By tonyryder on 01/23/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 2 previous Mazdas before. We had a 2002 Protege 5 and a 2005 Mazda3 GT Sport(much better overall than the Protege). Trade in value is excellent, even for a 3 year old M3 with 80,000 km on it we received more than I was expecting. We looked at other mid-size sedans (Mercedes C-class, Lexus IS, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord etc) and I believe that Mazda is offering the best "bang for the buck". We have now driven the 2009 Mazda6 since April 2009 and we love the styling and the real sporty, solid feel and handling. Features like blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, heated/memory seats (Canada eh?), large trunk, roomy backseat and Bose sound all add to the overall value of this car.

It turns heads
By Arif on 01/06/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great Value for the $$. Don't see many on the road so looks different. Every time in public place, people ask what car is this? Love it.

Pleasant Surprise
By Curtis789 on 12/26/09 18:53 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Japanese car. I am pleasantly surprised with the performance of this 4-cyl sedan. The 5-speed tranny is the best designed auto I've ever owned, getting the most out of the available power. For city or mixed use, get the 4-cyl. Full load or 100% highway, you may want to consider the 6-cyl. I did not drive the 6 speed auto tranny. Excellent design and build quality. I'm a small guy and I'm still searching around for the seat position that will match the comfort of my old Chrysler 300M, but the support is better in the Mazda. In many circumstances, the Mazda is faster, e.g., starting from red lights.

Pretty good bang for the buck
By tonyryder on 12/20/09 08:30 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS 250 and others before purchasing my 2006 Mazda6 (GT model in Canada - V6, leather, sunroof, NAV system) in April 2009 and in my opinion this car offered the best value in it's class. The pick up is amazing with hardly any torque in the steering wheel at all. Styling is absolutely gorgeous, people are mistaking it for all kinds of other high-end cars and are surprised that it is a Mazda. Interior space is very generous and comfortable, but the driver's seat bolster feels as if it's cutting off the blood supply to my left thigh causing me to shift my butt all the time. Very large trunk with room for 3 to 4 good size suitcases.

Mazda6
By Lisakaye on 12/16/09 08:21 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

You just cant beat this car on quality and performance....... Last car was a 05 mazda6. These are great cars. The 09 and up are bigger inside. (I didn't care) they are just great cars. Fast smooth reliable. And people will stare at the car wherever you go. Esp. The 09-10 models. People ask all the time "what kind of car is it?". I'm sure Mazda would like everyone on the road in one. But it is kind of Nice that they are not everywhere. Makes them unique to drive. Dang how many times do I see a Camry or altima on the road? constantly. Would I Rather have one? no! We tested cars for 6 months before we got this one. You just cant beat it. Zoom zoom zoom. By the way. Its my third Mazda.

cuisinart motor, rice krispies interior
By mtaylor on 12/15/09 16:17 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After only 10 months, I'm ready to ditch this car. The engine is smooth enough but sounds like a blender. Transmission is beginning to hesitate between gears and is rough. The entire passenger side rattles (dash,under seat and on B-pillar). Impossible to find a comfy driving position (gauges too high for the wheel, lumbar support too hard, among other issues). Door handles are flimsy. Plastic trim on A- pillar is loose. HVAC fan rattles. Felt-like trim between dash and windshield is uneven. Bose system is mediocre. Very weak low beam headlights. Was sucked in by the looks, but have been let down by the quality. At least it's mechanically reliable and gets good mpg.

Unbeatable
By Sliver93 on 12/15/09 08:34 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I drove 16 different cars in my quest for my next car. I came down to the 09 G35x, 09 Maxima and the Mazda6. The "fun to drive" factor really pushed the Mazda to the top of the list. The dated transmission on the m35 made it feel like a grandpa car, and the Maxima engine didn't feel as punchy as my old ones. I have always driven Nissans because I love to drive. Now I love my 6!

The Best Mid-Size Sedan
By Matt on 11/23/09 20:15 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The new redesigned Mazda6 exterior and interior and very nice. I bought the S Grand Touring. The 272hp is quite powerful. I have clocked the car going from 0-60 in 6.1 secs. According to Edmunds.com, "the Mazda 6 is more powerful and quicker than the Total Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, and Ford Fusion. For the price, it is actually the most powerful car you can drive. Love the blind spot monitoring system. The leather seats are very comfortable. It is nice to have heated seats in the winter. Love the Bose system. The car has wonderful steering and control. The 5 star crash test rating gives me a piece of mind. I love the headlights. Overall, I love the car. I recommend it.

Don't bother
By Mymaz on 11/15/09 12:38 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After 8 months I have had problems with the A/C, Mileage is awful, exterior finish is below par, suspension and steering noises. I am trying to sell it to get a Honda. Even a Hyundai would be better now.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*