Used 2009 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

2009 mazda6 - 1 year later
By tamoshanter

2009 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

bought this 2009 mazda6 for my wife last year after she put 235k on her 2000 626. she loves it - base model, sound system very good, very good pickup for a 4 cyl w/ 6 spd manual. black interior shows dust and dirt more quickly. you can bury several bodies in the trunk without blinking, and sleep in the back seat with two others. ride is smooth, handling excellent (for its size) and A/C will freeze you in seconds. we had a 1990 protege with 250k, and i got the hand- me-down 2000 6 (averaging 150 miles/daily) and still running like a watch.

6 speed manual, basic sound system is very good, handling/pickup for 4 cyl excellent. styling wonderful

more optional interior colors for the sangria red, hand brake moved to other side of shifter

Zoom Zoom Mazda 6
By jb26wcu

2009 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I got a Black Mazda 6 3.7l V6 Gran Touring with Black Leather. I really believe the car is the best in its class. It has more styling than the accord, camry, malibu or altima. It is the fastest in its class too. If everyone in the market for an altima or accord test drove the mazda I believe it would out sell both. My sister has the v4 altima and the only thing that is better about her car then mine is I think the leather is of better quality in the altima. Other than that Mazda wins on every level!

The Smart Key system, Blind Sport Monitoring is very helpful/useful and the rain sensing windshield wipers are also cool.

I wish they made the v6 in manual, used a better quality of leather on the seats. Make the Display on the radio larger and make the car faster. A 0-60 time under 6.0 would be great!

Looks Hot, Runs Hot
By Tonebone1

2009 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Mazda6. My first was was a 2006. I love to drive my Madza6, especially with the V6 it has. However, recently it has been running hot. I had to get it towed once because of this issue, and had to return it to the shop for the same thing a few days later. The service person advised me that it was a manufacturer defect. Needless to say, the car is still in the shop. Other than that, the car with its unique look, is fun to drive. Interior features can be improved like the Aux plug that is located in the armrest isn't convenient (why not put one on the radio). Folding mirrors with turn signal would be nice.

V6, Auto/Manuel Shifter, sleek body design

Folding mirrors with turn signal, Chrome Door pillars, more interior/exterior colors.

Good but not great!
By txmazda

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We waited till we had some miles on our new car in order to give a more accurate review as almost every car seems great when brand new and no miles. After 11,500 miles we still enjoy the car but have had 3 issues with the A/C. I'm a bit concerned because each time the dealer has stated the issue has been fixed but then it breaks again. The service at the dealer (Roger Beasley Mazda) has been exceptional and if not for the A/C issues, we would be ecstatic with the car. I'm a Honda/Toyota guy historically (owned 6 hondas, 3 toyotas) but decided to venture out after reading all the quality issues with the new Hondas/Toyotas. The interior quality isn't as high as Hondas/Toyotas but is decent.

Never having to take the key out of my pocket! Keyless unlock/lock/start/stop/trunk on a car at this price is awesome. We got the V6 and it has plenty of "zoom-zoom"! Decent gas mileage (23 MPG combined city/hwy) for all the zoom-zoom in my opinion (I'm not light on the accelerator either).

Higher quality interior components/plastics and more comfortable seats (we solved the seat issue by buying a $20 seat pad). Upgrade A/C system as A/C still doesn't cool like other cars in this price range or even some much less expensive.

Think twice before buying
By RAG723

2009 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd review. This car continues to give me issues. It took the dealership 5 tries to fix a alignment problem. All four window motors were replaced. I hear a metal clanking noise coming out from under the hood and Mazda says it normal.How can a clanking noise at low speeds me normal. Bluetooth module was replaced. Clicking noise from steering wheel was fixed. Dealer replaced water pump because it making a loud noise when driving. And the list goes on and on. I make it a point to tell everyone that rides the car with me not to buy Mazda. I sure will never buy one again.

at this point nothing.

improve quality. figure out the problems and fix them.