2009S Grand Touring
By Shadetree on
2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Test drove a four cylinder with four adults on board. Went straight to the V6. Love the power and this car has power. Took a trip with four adults and luggage, drove generally 10 over the speed limit. Was surprised to get 27.7 mpg. Another trip with just myself and setting the cruise on the speed limit, I got just over 30 mpg. Mileage is not as bad as advertised. Have 21000 on the car now and have had zero problems, same as the 04 Mazda 6 we had. Love driving this car when I can get it away from my wife. Powerful, smooth running and shifting, handles, and 100% reliable, the ride is a bit firm along with the leather seats, can be taxing on a long trip. Couldn't be happier that I own this car.
Favorite Features
Blind spot monitoring, heated seats, climate control, rain sensing wipers, keyless entry and ignition, seat memory, navigation system, Bose stereo, sun roof, handles great, excellent acceleration, and a smooth as glass automatic transmission. Did I mention a hoot to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Build a little more comfort into the seats. This isn't an issue for average commutes. You feel it on a 300 to 400 mile trip though.
By numb3rz
on 04/20/13 07:22 AM (PDT)

Update, now that the car has over 50.000 on it. Battery failed at two years and was replaced. Failed prematurely, replaced with a Die Hard, we'll see how that lasts. The security system has had odd problems since. The doors started to not lock when we walked away from the car. Had to start locking them manually. Then they wouldn't lock at all. The dealer said it was the battery in the key. They did something when we took it in because it was okay afterward. The key battery was never replaced because it read over 3.00 volts. They either don't understand what they're working on or they're being less than honest. Around town mileage is in the low 20's, highway remains decent as in the first post. Still like the car and intend to keep it as long as it remains reliable. Just replaced the tires at 51K. Could have got another 10K out of them in a warm climate. Living where it snows so they had to go when winter came.