Used 2009 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

the 6 is a great car
By KD

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Well, I currently own a b-3000 truck and had owned a 3 in the early 90's and owned a 626 in the late 80's..lets just say, the 6 was top on my list. I read all the reviews here and didn't even bother wasting my time with accord, camry or legacy(which is what I really wanted).I ended up getting the convenience and moonroof package...great car to drive and have fun everytime..I am no speed demon but I think the car has enough power for around the town and highway..I may be biased here, but definitely do not have one regret buying the 6..and not too mention that the salesman wasn't trying to strongarm the deal...

like the bluetooth, keyless entry (takes some getting use to),BSM, the abililty to open/close the moonroof/windows with the transmitter before you enter the car..the sporty feel but smooth ride...

it would be nice if Mazda could set the door locks to auto lock once the car is placed into drive(you know as a security feature)..Some of the plastics are cheezy, but who cares, the car is fun to drive..Could also use a little more accessable cubby holes.

The Winner is........... The 6
By Hockey Fan

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start? I was in the market for either the Audi A4 or Lexus IS250 but landed in a Mazda 6. I drove past a Mazda dealership, the new 6 just stood out. I went in, test drove the car and here I am 3 months later loving my decision! They compare the Mazda 6 to the Accord and Camry (class- wise) however, it does not compare! It is far superior and should instead weight against cars like the A4 and IS250. Sounds crazy I know but I am a total 'gear head' and was dead set on one of the aforementioned cars. The 6 changed my mind! This car is nimble, responsive and fast! It has all of the high end comforts without the high end price tag. I could not be happier with my decision.......!

Quickness and handling highlight the cars' overall attractiveness (for me anyway). Interior space (I'm 6'2, 210) and layout were well thought out by Mazda. The interior instrumentation and colors blend perfectly. The BSM system is incredible as is the Bose premium sound system!

Rear a/c vents perhaps?!?

Whats not to Love
By Fast Eddy

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very Stylish best of all the sedans. Very quick acceleration, smooth transmission shifting. Handles curves like a real sports sedan should, yet has a very pleasant ride on the highway and over bumps, the 18” wheels are a plus. The car is roomy with options that you would normally find in cars twice the price. Overall: The best car I drove in its class by alot.

Styling, acceleration, handling, smooth transmission with standard shifting option. Excellent options and five star safety rating in every category.

Day running lights and automatic door locks when car is moving.

side view mirrors small
By John

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for the $$$ coming from infinity g35. Still impresses. Kinda a poor mans infinity

styling

side view mirrors way too small probably reason for blind spot system

Impression after 3000 miles
By Knox County Zman

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The new Mazda 6 (i touring) is a good car with decent features. Disappointments are: Travel computer is masked by clock. One or the other is visible at a time. The Travel info button is hidden. There is no auto headlight feature standard. You must spend about 1500-1600 more to get the xenon package. The auto on should be standard! Very irritating after having auto on on previous vehicle. Center console armrest is poorly padded. It is adequate at best. The radio is not the best quality. I find myself constantly adjusting the bass/treble to get a decent sound. Also no auto text scrolling for file names. Gas mileage has averaged 23-24 mpg with mostly highway driving. Brakes are just ok

Design. Transmission.

Better Brakes. Better interior materials. Standard auto on headlights. Easier to use door lock system. This one is finicky! Better placement of button for windows and travel computer.