Used 2009 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

nice car but.......
By rag723

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda6 is a nice car and a nice ride but I had problems with it. The gas tank has been replaced because it was making a strange noise, the lumber adjust broke, the weather strip on the windows have been replaced. I've spend alot ot time at the dealership and I only have 5K miles. Not sure if I would buy Mazda again.

Bose, BSM, lot of space in the truck and in the cabin, nice cabin, bluetooth, very nice looking car.

make sits more comfortable, auto lock when driving.

Mazda got it right this time
By Fly Fisher

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at everything out there for about a year and after I drove the Mazda knew it was the perfect car for me. If you love to drive but need a family sedan this car wins hands down over the competition. Power, handling, quality features and the best design out there make this a winner and I would recommend everyone test drive it before they buy.

272 hp, 269 torque and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. Keyless entry & start, bluetooth, Bose 10 speaker surround sound mode, Xenon head lights, self dimming mirrors, and blind spot warnings are all great extras. Sunroof, & 5 star safety rating in all five categories.

Self locking doors, and an outlet that stays on when car is shut off.

Slip joint problem and pulsating brakes
By Ariel

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased car Dec. 08, Feb 09 -to dealer for knocking noise when turning, car inspected, nothing found. Noise continued, May 09 to dealer for knocking noise when turning and pulsating brakes. Valiant grease to steering column shaft. Breaks inspected, no issue. Noted some improvement with turning noise. Returned 6/3 for both issues continued. Replaced steering column, excessive movement in the slip joint used for steering wheel adjustment. Informed had same problem with older Mazda 6 and grease worked, but not 09. Replace the front rotors for customer satisfaction and at 14,950 machined back rotors. Not impressed with the continuing issues only 6 mo. car. If continues will pursue lemon law.

Improve issues with slipjoints as I informed problems with older models Mazda 6 .

Buffeting
By deepblack

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When driving my new Mazda 6(I've had it two weeks) with the rear windows down there is severe buffeting and air pressure that caused the eardrums of three of us to hurt even though we only were subjected to this phenomenon for about 10 seconds. Never experienced this in any car I have ever owned. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? Did you call Mazda and what was their response? Also, I calculated the mileage I got driving locally and it was 23.7 MPG although the car's computer indicated 18.8 MPG. I really like my Mazda 6 overall with the minor exception of the buffeting issue noted above.Ha

Handling is outstanding; engine is responsive; styling is unique, rear seat comfort.

Front seat bottom could be a bit wider before one feels the bolstering. Wind buffeting issue. Location of the button to change info display.

Love this car
By Mistdreamr

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car since 2001 and I'm in love with it. I didn't intend to spend as much as I did, but once I sat in it and then drove it, I was hooked. So many things to love, the proximity keyless entry, the hands free Bluetooth, the great Bose sound system, the seats that cradle you,the sleek exterior lines that hint of speed, and of course, that "zoom zoom" driving feel. Never thought I'd look forward to driving like this car makes me feel.

Keyless entry, hands free Bluetooth, combination leather/cloth seats that cradle, sporty exterior and luxurious interior.

Better gas mileage, air conditioning in rear, definite blind spot on driver side which even with blind spot monitoring makes me nervous changing lanes

• SUV