2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Zoom Zoom and thensome
By Blackjack09 on 11/04/08 11:54 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at other cars (Altima, Accord, TSX), I knew this was the car for me. Stylish design inside and out, awesome features that you can't find in several other mid-sized cars in this category, and an unmistakable zoom-zoom sports car attitude that no other car, cheaper or more expensive, can come close to touching. The 3.7 is the way to go with this car! For a little less fuel economy than that smaller engine, and a little more money, it's worth every penny to get the more powerful engine.

An alternative to Lexus
By XLEX MAN on 11/02/08 17:00 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased the Mazda 6 after driving a 1998 Lexus ES 300 for 9 years. I could not find a car that came close at all to the Lexus until now. The Mazda 6 is that car, it beats out all the other bland cars on the road to date. Everyone considering a sedan should consider test driving one.

Lexus??
By Cookie on 10/28/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled out my 07 Mazda CX-7 and fell in love with the 2009 6 after test driving one. I purchased an i touring and have no regrets with the 4 cyl. The styling of this car is amazing. The car has been mistaken for a Lexus three times. This is the best car I have ever driven. There is tons of room for the family and you never feel like you sacrificed style or performance. If you are looking for a great performing, look at me style vehicle for a great price, this is the car for you. Great job Mazda!!!

Great car
By Edward on 10/25/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is an excellent car to have. Great value for the money, lots of standard equipment, rides and handles great. The car is comfortable to sit in and great on space. This is my second Mazda and I don't regret buying this car, as the last one was a reliable car.

Great Car
By Robert on 10/20/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Had been looking at Avalons, BMWs, Lexus, & Audi. Had pretty much decided on a Lexus ES350. Then on a whim we stopped to look at the Mazda 6 and bought a Grand Touring S with all the bells and whistles. It's as good or better than any of the above named cars for a lot less $$. This is my second Mazda. The first was a 92 MX3 that I commuted in for several years. Put 160+ thousand miles on that one with no complaints.

Drove it and Loved It
By B Stager on 10/19/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking at this and the Altima. Liked the Altima but loved the Mazda. Steering is tight like a sports car, yet it sips fuel (30 MPG on a 200 mile trip averaging 75 MPH). Not bad for a lead foot! Wind noise was very minimal. Great fit and finish on the interior materials. Love the Bose speakers, bluetooth, and noise reduction feature. Push button start is fun too. Smooth to drive and the 4-cyl engine provides power when needed. I am 6'3" and have plenty of room. Dealer was 6'5" and could sit comfortably behind me on the test drive. On my way home from the dealer, I had two people ask me at a light what I was driving!

Straight "10's"
By Brian on 10/18/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Having checked out all the obvious competition, we felt we had to compare the Mazda6 to something better as it beat all the regulars. We liked the styling of the 2009 Lexus IS250 a lot and did a side by side comparison. The bottom line: a loaded 6 versus a loaded IS250 was $7800 less even after getting a deal offer on the Lexus. The IS still didn't have all the features available with the 6. The choice was simple then. Driving the car shows that the Zoom Zoom hasn't been lost. It is just fun to drive, gets good gas mileage and has all the toys you would ever want in a car. The proof is in the drive. Don't buy a car without test driving the 6. It drove better than the IS and we are thrilled.

2009 Mazda MAZDA6
By denny on 10/17/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car about 2 weeks ago, and love it. The day after buying it went on a 2k mile trip. The looks are amazing and the power is awesome. Can you say 272 hp and 268 torque?

I Love This Car
By darkmanrob85 on 10/13/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car is very fast. The drive is comfortable and smooth. I love how it just hugs the turns. The combination of cloth and leather seats is the best. I can't say enough about this car. I just love!!

Wow
By Tim on 10/11/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 2 weeks ago. I have driven this vehicle hard as well as babied it, the response from the throttle to the engine is immediate. The new look is completely amazing, love the new look. The interior is very roomy and comfortable even for a "big" person (5'8 300) plenty of leg room in the back. Bluetooth Is very reliable. MPG could be better I'm getting about 19 or so miles to the gallon so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*