Used 2009 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mazda got it right this time
By Fly Fisher

2009 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at everything out there for about a year and after I drove the Mazda knew it was the perfect car for me. If you love to drive but need a family sedan this car wins hands down over the competition. Power, handling, quality features and the best design out there make this a winner and I would recommend everyone test drive it before they buy.

272 hp, 269 torque and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. Keyless entry & start, bluetooth, Bose 10 speaker surround sound mode, Xenon head lights, self dimming mirrors, and blind spot warnings are all great extras. Sunroof, & 5 star safety rating in all five categories.

Self locking doors, and an outlet that stays on when car is shut off.

Slip joint problem and pulsating brakes
By Ariel

2009 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased car Dec. 08, Feb 09 -to dealer for knocking noise when turning, car inspected, nothing found. Noise continued, May 09 to dealer for knocking noise when turning and pulsating brakes. Valiant grease to steering column shaft. Breaks inspected, no issue. Noted some improvement with turning noise. Returned 6/3 for both issues continued. Replaced steering column, excessive movement in the slip joint used for steering wheel adjustment. Informed had same problem with older Mazda 6 and grease worked, but not 09. Replace the front rotors for customer satisfaction and at 14,950 machined back rotors. Not impressed with the continuing issues only 6 mo. car. If continues will pursue lemon law.

Improve issues with slipjoints as I informed problems with older models Mazda 6 .

Buffeting
By deepblack

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When driving my new Mazda 6(I've had it two weeks) with the rear windows down there is severe buffeting and air pressure that caused the eardrums of three of us to hurt even though we only were subjected to this phenomenon for about 10 seconds. Never experienced this in any car I have ever owned. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? Did you call Mazda and what was their response? Also, I calculated the mileage I got driving locally and it was 23.7 MPG although the car's computer indicated 18.8 MPG. I really like my Mazda 6 overall with the minor exception of the buffeting issue noted above.Ha

Handling is outstanding; engine is responsive; styling is unique, rear seat comfort.

Front seat bottom could be a bit wider before one feels the bolstering. Wind buffeting issue. Location of the button to change info display.

Love this car
By Mistdreamr

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car since 2001 and I'm in love with it. I didn't intend to spend as much as I did, but once I sat in it and then drove it, I was hooked. So many things to love, the proximity keyless entry, the hands free Bluetooth, the great Bose sound system, the seats that cradle you,the sleek exterior lines that hint of speed, and of course, that "zoom zoom" driving feel. Never thought I'd look forward to driving like this car makes me feel.

Keyless entry, hands free Bluetooth, combination leather/cloth seats that cradle, sporty exterior and luxurious interior.

Better gas mileage, air conditioning in rear, definite blind spot on driver side which even with blind spot monitoring makes me nervous changing lanes

the 6 is a great car
By KD

2009 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Well, I currently own a b-3000 truck and had owned a 3 in the early 90's and owned a 626 in the late 80's..lets just say, the 6 was top on my list. I read all the reviews here and didn't even bother wasting my time with accord, camry or legacy(which is what I really wanted).I ended up getting the convenience and moonroof package...great car to drive and have fun everytime..I am no speed demon but I think the car has enough power for around the town and highway..I may be biased here, but definitely do not have one regret buying the 6..and not too mention that the salesman wasn't trying to strongarm the deal...

like the bluetooth, keyless entry (takes some getting use to),BSM, the abililty to open/close the moonroof/windows with the transmitter before you enter the car..the sporty feel but smooth ride...

it would be nice if Mazda could set the door locks to auto lock once the car is placed into drive(you know as a security feature)..Some of the plastics are cheezy, but who cares, the car is fun to drive..Could also use a little more accessable cubby holes.