Used 2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Camry Killer?
By 230SL

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We were on our way to test drive a new Camry. Took a swing into the Mazda dealer because I knew the design had changed and wanted to check it out. After a test drive we kept our appointment w/ the Toyota dealer. This Mazda has it all over the Camry, I couldn't even get alloy wheels on the LE model (which really pi**ed me off). Short story, we went back to Mazda and got a good deal on a car (so far, 2 mos) that I think is nicer than the Camry (which is a very nice car).

Favorite Features

The Convenience package is one good deal for the money. My wife loves the Blind Spot and Bluetoooth features.

Suggested Improvements

Wheel protectors should be standard (used to be called mud flaps) and you shouldn't have to buy a very expensive rear view mirror in order to get a garage door opener.

Faux marble interior is weak...
By Mike

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying that in general I love this car. The instrumentation is very intuitive and I find the exterior to be very sleek and it doesn't scream "I've got car seats inside" like some other family targeted vehicles. I love the bigger V6 and the room trunk and cabin. My only complaint is on the Grand Touring model I have is it has the cheesiest faux marble plastic trim along the dash and the cupholder. A few editor reviews mention this but I haven't seen it much on readers comments so perhaps it just me. Waiting for an aftermarket solution but for me a flat black or polished aluminum trim would have made the car almost perfect.

Favorite Features

Large trunk, comfortable seating, sleek exterior

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of cheesy faux marble trim on Touring or Grand Touring model. Or at least give owner another option.

Better than Accord, maybe even Acura
By JMike

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have now owned the 6 for 3 months and like it more every day. Have had several sports cars (S-2000, 350Z)and had to go with a more sensible car this time. No withdrawal symptoms, the 6 is possibly taking Nissan's title of 4 dr Sports Car. Also looked at the new Accord; have owned Hondas and Nissans in the past, and know both to be excellent cars and great values. I could not get past the ugliness of the new Accord or the price tag for the new Maxima. Getting 20mpg avg, think the 6 is comparable to Lexus and Acura

Favorite Features

Styling, Sportiness, Bose Sound

Suggested Improvements

Road Noise

nice car but.......
By rag723

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda6 is a nice car and a nice ride but I had problems with it. The gas tank has been replaced because it was making a strange noise, the lumber adjust broke, the weather strip on the windows have been replaced. I've spend alot ot time at the dealership and I only have 5K miles. Not sure if I would buy Mazda again.

Favorite Features

Bose, BSM, lot of space in the truck and in the cabin, nice cabin, bluetooth, very nice looking car.

Suggested Improvements

make sits more comfortable, auto lock when driving.

Mazda got it right this time
By Fly Fisher

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at everything out there for about a year and after I drove the Mazda knew it was the perfect car for me. If you love to drive but need a family sedan this car wins hands down over the competition. Power, handling, quality features and the best design out there make this a winner and I would recommend everyone test drive it before they buy.

Favorite Features

272 hp, 269 torque and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. Keyless entry & start, bluetooth, Bose 10 speaker surround sound mode, Xenon head lights, self dimming mirrors, and blind spot warnings are all great extras. Sunroof, & 5 star safety rating in all five categories.

Suggested Improvements

Self locking doors, and an outlet that stays on when car is shut off.