2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Class Leader
By Jeff on 11/20/08 07:26 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a loaded up Mazda6 for my wife to get her hands-free in heavy traffic. What can I say? This is a great looking, nice handling car that's has a decent ride and is relatively quiet. It really is very Lexus-like in many aspects. We drove this after driving comparable Altimas and Accords and this was the winner, hands down. This was the best combination of ride, handling and comfort by a wide margin. All the magazines may be raving about the new Accord, but this is the new class leader in my book.

My good Mazda
By justmeee on 11/20/08 01:02 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Good car, handles great, drives even better in manual mode. Very good car overall.

Mazda Fun
By Tim on 11/19/08 10:07 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I researched and test drove all competitive models before making my purchase. As soon as I drove the new Mazda6, I knew it was the one. The mix of power, sport, comfort, and styling is unmatched in the class. I drive a lot of miles per year and have already racked up 6K miles. I have been getting about 28 MPG on average, with a lot of those miles spent at 80 MPH on the interstate. My only complaint so far is the transmission. It seems to shift lazily at times, especially during 1-2-3 transition, and when coming to a stop you can actually feel the trans downshift. But overall, I have been very pleased with the car.

Great car
By Rod Bamat on 11/12/08 20:54 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Been looking around for midsize sedan either accord or camry for months now. Then we stop by Mazda to try the new Mazda 6. When we test drive the car it was more powerful and fun to drive compared to accord and camry so we buy it immediately. Its really quiet and has tons of upgrades available only on luxury cars.

Zoom Zoom Baby
By JessicaD on 11/12/08 11:03 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Before I bought the Mazda 6 I looked at the Acura TSX, Lexus, and Saturn Aura. The Acura was too compact in my opinion, and the aura was not worth the price for what you get. I don't have many bad things to say about the Lexus ES other than the Mazda looks almost about the same inside and out. For the same price, I could have picked up a basic Lexus ES or get a souped up Mazda 6 with beautiful leather interior, terrific sound, comfort, and quality. Black exterior and blond Interior. I couldn't be happier with my decision!

COMPETITION IS NONE
By 10 on 11/10/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just like the title states. Test drove the Honda Accord; wasn't comfortable. Test drove the Nissan Altima; on the slow side. This is my second Mazda, my first was a Millenia s. Luxury with an attitude. Same goes for the new 6, handling is crisp, suspension feels sporty, ride is smooth and comfortable. More bang for the buck if you ask me. I just fell in love with this car.

Good car overall
By JustBoughtMazda on 11/08/08 16:54 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a Mazda6 iTouring with Convenience package, includes Bluetooth, leather trimmed seats, power driver seat, Blind Spot Monitoring system, Dual climate control, steering mounted audio controls, HID headlights, tire pressure monitor, Information display which shows MPG, temperature, time, miles remaining, etc. Inspection not due for another 4 years. Build quality of the car is great. Instrumentation panel is sleek. Definitely has sporty appearance. Cant comment too much on the ride right now b/c I bought it today. Driver seat is not the most comfortable, but it might take some getting used to. I will post again after I have put some mileage on the car.

MUST Buy
By Roger on 11/08/08 09:01 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Owned many a Mazda - B2000, Miata(x2), MS3, M6 (2006) and now the 2009. I've never posted a review but thought this time I MUST. Every year Mazda just gets better and better, this current 2009 Mazda6 is the biggest bang for the buck BY FAR overall. Mine is the Mazda6I Grand Touring 4-cyl with the optional Moonroof & Bose Pkg. I owed 10k on my previous M6 & traded up for the new '09. I need to mention... 130,000 miles with not one single problem, just tires brakes. With that excessive mileage, the bluebook value had me under about 4 grand. Times are tough right now, so the dealer was kind enough to pay it off and not jack the MSRP price of the new, do the math 4$$$ shaved. Oh,BTW, 30MPG baby!

Great car to drive.
By gorest on 11/07/08 07:44 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Performance wise this car has more than enough zip and agility to make any ride to the local grocery store a treat. On the highway the throttle is not as responsive as one might think and the hesitation of the automatic gear box will take a second or two to pick up. The lower profile Michelin tires are comfortable but bumps and ridges in the road can definitely be felt. The interior is probably what turns me on the most with great dashboard controls and information that is very useful. I love the miles remaining on tank display. BSM is a huge plus and a great safety feature. The info button is tough to get to while driving. In all this was one of my favorite decisions in a car.

WOW
By Chuck B on 11/07/08 07:37 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was sure I was buying the V-6 Accord, but after test driving both, it was no contest. The Mazda 6 has much better handling & power, interior quality & looks. Bose is great, keyless entry & pushbutton ignition cool! Trunk huge as is back seat. Handles like a sports car but ride is soft. 6 cylinder is powerful & quiet. Only have it a few weeks but very happy so far. Averaging 21 mpg in combined driving. Have an 05 Mazda 3 with 45,000 miles with no problems, hope this one is as reliable

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*