Used 2009 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Get The Automatic!!!!
By iceplusplus

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have always liked to drive a stick and so I opted for the 6 speed manual. It is a mistake on this car. The gearing is such that the car revs at 3000 RPM or higher on the highway at 65-70 MPH. I drove an automatic when on a trip recently, and it only revs at 2000-2500 RPM at highway speeds. This gearing is probably why the automatic gets better mileage. The automatic shifts fast and smooth and is no slouch either. If I had it to do again, automatic all the way. The four isn't bad. But the six kicks tail. If you can get the six for a good deal, jump on it. You won't regret it even with the lower gas mileage. Option wise, it is almost in a class with a Lexus

Body style, stereo, seats, driving position, steering wheel, floor mats included, mp3 player plug in.

Change engine gearing on the standard so the car revs at 2500 RPM at 70 MPH like the automatic. More lateral support in seats.

I love this car!
By Boss Man

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Mazda6 itouring for 4 months now and I can tell you without a doubt this is the best car for the money on the road. I test drove 13 cars before deciding to pull the trigger on the 6. I drove both the i&s and decided on the 4 cylinder for the fuel economy. It has plenty of jump and is really fun to drive. I love the improvements they made redesigning this car. I have put this car up against the BMW 3 series, the Acura TL, the Honda Accord, and several more. It more than holds it's own with handling and suspension. Everyone tells me how nice this car is. It is so fun to drive. What more can I say? Zoom Zoom!

My favs would be the overall appearance of the car, the perfectly placed controls, the compartments for all my accessories(ie. garage opener, bluetooth headset, glasses, gps, ipod, etc), and the OE Michelin MXV4's are really a smooth ride. Suspension is really good.

Interior materials on dash are hard plastic and a little cheap looking. The Sirius display does not show enough info.

Great Sports Sedan
By Storman

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I look at the BMW and Mercedes i was so disappointed that these to cars did not come with all the bells The new mazda6 is great bigger,faster. I live in the hills and it handles well the engine is so quiet.

273 hp, keyless entry & start bluetooth, Bose 10 speaker surround sound mode, Xenon head lights, self dimming mirrors, and blind spot warnings are all great extras. Sunroof,power seats.homelink system

Mirrors that fold

2009 i touring, gray mica finish
By richard

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have just bought the 09 i touring. Nothing but good things to say about the whole mazda buying experience. No pressure to buy no no hard sells.Let me have my way on the test drive. The 4cyl has great pickup, quiet acceleration, responsive steering, easy stopping. Ride quality smooth and tight, build quality tops. Test drove accord, camry, fusion. While all were good I felt the 6 was the most fun to drive. Also looks better than the competion.

push to start, keyless entry,huge trunk space

These are mentioned because I am finding it hard to complain about anythin. Larger center arm rest, cup holders compartment storage space

Awesome style/comfort,/4Cyl Acceleration
By cec32372

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

What a car! Style-wise, Mazda hit a grand-slam: roomy 4-door practicality with unique sporty 2-door styling & so many features per $! Really nice 17" alloys. Stock audio system pretty good. Keyless start system rocks! Awesome dash layout & display at night. Super- smooth & quiet ride. Comfy seats. Perfect steering feel. Glides over curvy roads & corners with grace. SO fun-to-drive! Doors yield loud THUNK when shut! Greatest surprise: Even with 5spd auto trans, the 170hp 2.5 4cyl engine routinely leaves other cars in my rearview mirror from full stops with little effort. Even outperforms the 170hp v6 in my '98 626LX despite being much larger car. Generates refined, throaty growl. Superb!!!

Favorite Features: Surprisingly great 4- cyl pick-up. Super smooth ride (feels like it glides over the road). 17" Alloys. Keyless entry/start. Quietness & refinement. Roominess. That loud THUNK when you shut the doors sounds like a tank! Brilliant Silver Metallic paint very rich & sparkly.

Perhaps more color choices on mid-level touring models (eg. smokestone & light ice blue; other colors (pearly white, bluish-gray, a muted green) more light/medium colors other than red, gray & silver. Make Blind Spot Monitoring standard feature. 18 alloys as an option on 4-cyl models. Nothing else!

• SUV