2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
By Bri on 12/01/08 12:38 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

2009 iTouring w/Bose/moonroof, and Conv Package. I have had the car so far for a few months. So far I really like it. No major problems at all.

Value Plus
By Discerning Dude on 12/01/08 10:34 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car for 3 weeks now, replacing an 05 Altima. I do both highway and city driving, and this car has a ride quality you would find in a larger sedan but with power and maneuverability when you want it. Where the Altima was harsh and noisy, the Mazda exudes confidence, handling all road surfaces with ease. From a style standpoint, you can't beat the aggressive stance and overall lines - borrowing cues from Lexus and Infiniti isn't such a bad thing, and the design is hands down nicer than Camry or Accord, and the "happy face" grille of the Altima. Fuel economy is about the same as the Altima - it's reasonable given the power and performance of the V6.

Awesome!!!
By Paulino on 11/30/08 18:06 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say I'm blown away at how perfect this car is. You want interior space?? you got it. You want power? this car has a lot of muscle!!! you want safety?? 5 star rating all around!!! The mazda6 is elegant looking but handles like a sports car. Gas mileage is better than what the advertisement says. I get 21 in the city, 29 in the highway.

Reminds me of the older more fun accords
By Murse on 11/29/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The handling, interior design, and decent fuel economy closed the deal for me. A recent drive from San Diego to Vegas at definite extra-legal speeds still gave me 30+ MPG up and over the mountain ranges. If I was inclined to drive at posted limits I'm certain this car will get 32-34 on the highway with a range over 510 miles.

I'm SO pleased!
By Lauren on 11/29/08 15:01 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving a beat up 99 Ford Escort for the past 6 years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I finally got my first job and within a few months was ready to make my purchase. I originally decided on an mx-5 Miata but once I saw the new 6, changed my mind. I just couldn't justify paying the price for the mx-5 when I could get a fully loaded 6 for less. Went to the dealership this morning and drove away with a gorgeous i touring with convenience package in comet gray. The color is stunning and the car is amazing. I paid 500 below invoice and drove away in a car that some have already mistaken for a Lexus. Couldn't be happier.

Fun to drive
By Brad on 11/25/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased an '09 6i Touring with the 6 CD changer & moonroof, along with a rear spoiler. My 2004 Mazda 3i was totaled so I wasn't in "car buying" mode, but I'm glad I stayed with Mazda. I went with the 4-cyl, which is starkly different than Edmund's review of the V6. The ride is very quiet, and I get good gas mileage (1600 mi, ~24mpg combined.) The acceleration is great, most noticeably between 50mph - 75mph, even in auto. The braking is excellent too. As nimble as my 3i was, I feel like the 6i has excellent handling for it's larger size. I've also fit 4 grown adults in the car, and they've all commented how much legroom they have. Mazda got it right again!

Finally something besides a Honda
By j&k on 11/23/08 17:02 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking at cars for a while and were considering the Camry, Accord, and Hyundai. We drove the Mazda 6 and were impressed finding it superior in most respects. Later our decision was between the Accord and the Mazda. We liked the style/design, the interior and the way it handled. It was a sporty car with a great look. We really LOVE this car! Thank you Mazda.

Zoom Zoom, M6
By lynnita on 11/22/08 15:57 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda6 S Grand Touring for over a month now and I love it. It a great looking car while on the road and/or parked in a parking lot. You can't go wrong if you are looking to make a statement riding around time. "Zoom Zoom baby!"

Very good all-around
By swyler on 11/20/08 18:23 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am very pleased with the build quality. No defects apparent after 1500 miles. Average fuel economy 26 mpg.

So far so fun!
By Chez LeighJ on 11/20/08 17:42 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I looked for the right combination of sportiness, fun to drive and family friendly for 2 years. The Honda Accord coupe appealed to me. The kids did not fare well in the back. Nissan was so arrogant they would not let me have a test drive without a deposit. I loved the mini. My tallest in class kids are not likely to fit in the back for long. Alas, sporty moms have an option. The kids love the new car. Their sports car crazed mom, who raced motorcycles, is happy too. It reminds me of my Honda S2000, with room for the kids. Who said moms are delegated to the slow lane? Cool mom, cool car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*