2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Love fades
By mazda convert on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new but seem to be owning it used. Rattles and squeaks abound. Does drive and handle well. Great pickup great brakes. Transmission down shift feels odd at lower speeds, almost like it stuck in neutral. Wind noise in cabin too loud at freeway speeds. Sound system is average or below par. I find the driving position/seat comfortable. Enjoy spirited driving. the interior and reliability does not live up to the exterior and performance.

Good but not great!
By txmazda on 07/14/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We waited till we had some miles on our new car in order to give a more accurate review as almost every car seems great when brand new and no miles. After 11,500 miles we still enjoy the car but have had 3 issues with the A/C. I'm a bit concerned because each time the dealer has stated the issue has been fixed but then it breaks again. The service at the dealer (Roger Beasley Mazda) has been exceptional and if not for the A/C issues, we would be ecstatic with the car. I'm a Honda/Toyota guy historically (owned 6 hondas, 3 toyotas) but decided to venture out after reading all the quality issues with the new Hondas/Toyotas. The interior quality isn't as high as Hondas/Toyotas but is decent.

Mazda6 V6 replaces Altima
By Aaron R on 08/03/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A little over a year ago I purchased a new Nissan Altima. It was close to a strip model and I was never really satisfied with the car. Checked out the Mazda6 with the 4 cylinder and thought it was a nicely appointed car but the power was not what I expected. The dealer pulled around a Touring S model with the V6. Wow what a difference, I was sold as soon as I hit the acceleration. I got a great deal since they were having huge rebates and $1000 buyer loyalty credit. (Also own a 2007 CX7) I had an 07 IS250 and this car is almost identical in looks and features in my opinion.

2009 Mazda 6 S Touring V6
By MK51 on 06/16/09 07:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2005 Taurus, looking for a car with updated design, performance, and technology. Definitely found the great design, performance and nice bells and whistles. Respectable gas mileage, 22 city, 27 highway. Somewhat disappointed in overall comfort and noise issues. High level of road noise from 18" tires, very sensitive steering, stiff ride, and noisy engine and compressor/fans (very annoying). Unfavorable reflection of top of dash in front window. Engine/fan noise addressed once, but not convinced it is entirely corrected. Will pursue with dealership and will get used to the other minor discomforts.

Buffeting
By deepblack on 05/30/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When driving my new Mazda 6(I've had it two weeks) with the rear windows down there is severe buffeting and air pressure that caused the eardrums of three of us to hurt even though we only were subjected to this phenomenon for about 10 seconds. Never experienced this in any car I have ever owned. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? Did you call Mazda and what was their response? Also, I calculated the mileage I got driving locally and it was 23.7 MPG although the car's computer indicated 18.8 MPG. I really like my Mazda 6 overall with the minor exception of the buffeting issue noted above.Ha

Love this car
By Mistdreamr on 05/29/09 09:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car since 2001 and I'm in love with it. I didn't intend to spend as much as I did, but once I sat in it and then drove it, I was hooked. So many things to love, the proximity keyless entry, the hands free Bluetooth, the great Bose sound system, the seats that cradle you,the sleek exterior lines that hint of speed, and of course, that "zoom zoom" driving feel. Never thought I'd look forward to driving like this car makes me feel.

Real Zoom Zoom
By Muhammad Kaisar on 04/21/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After tring Altima,Accord,Civic,Gallant and camry , i felt nothing like driving mazda , the cornering , the sharp turn superb handling

Remarkable
By kev1954 on 03/21/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned numerous vehicles, this one is thus far the best. Great curb appeal, Fun to drive and classy. Performance is beyond it's class.

From Maxima to Mazda
By MazdaMan on 03/04/09 14:32 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The 2009 Mazda6 is a class above the Accord and Camry now. It now rivals the Nissan Maxima. I recommend this car to anyone that wants the latest technology and a powerful V6 all in a affordable package. Get yours for before the dealers jack the prices up due to demand. Enough said.

Worth a look
By hdatomzd on 02/16/09 13:10 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Mazda6s Touring in Dec and it has been a decent vehicle. The V6 engine performs well, yet like others have said; not as refined. My 07 V6 accord was a touch more refined. It makes some odd noises at idle as well. The car is plenty quick, but you will pay the price in gas mileage. In mixed driving, I will avg. 16- 18mpg, which is not acceptable. My Accord would at least get 21, but wasn't as fun to drive. While the car is bigger, it does not always feel that way inside. The trunk is big but the height inside the trunk seems short. The base audio setup sounds terrible. No clarity or depth whatsoever, plan on a upgrade. Lastly, the 18inch tires are very loud and sensitive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*