2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Built really well....
By realitycheck1 on 01/28/14 14:42 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Interior quality of this car is a step above the competition. Smooth engine, decent acceleration and decent fuel economy. I average 28MPG between highway and city usage. Very reliable. Very roomy and above average handling. Very safe. I was broadsided in it and it held up very well. I find Mazda's in general are certainly a cut or two above its competition. The stock speakers were a little weak, and I find the stock Xenon headlamps are not as powerful as they should be and are very expensive to replace. But this is a very satisfying car.

Really decent vehicle
By realitycheck1 on 01/06/13 20:52 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Exterior design is very attractive. Excellent handling, good pickup from the 4cyl engine. Could be better on the fuel economy but not too bad. Ride is well controlled but it can be a bit busy. Decent room inside, good design to the dash board. Interior quality is a mixed bag. Some parts of the dash and doors are very high end but other parts are cheap feeling. Leather quality is decent, if a little stiff feeling, but it smells good though. Xenon lighting is excellent. I would suggest this car for those who like spirited driving, if you drive it softly it may leave you a bit cold.

Think twice before buying
By RAG723 on 07/13/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd review. This car continues to give me issues. It took the dealership 5 tries to fix a alignment problem. All four window motors were replaced. I hear a metal clanking noise coming out from under the hood and Mazda says it normal.How can a clanking noise at low speeds me normal. Bluetooth module was replaced. Clicking noise from steering wheel was fixed. Dealer replaced water pump because it making a loud noise when driving. And the list goes on and on. I make it a point to tell everyone that rides the car with me not to buy Mazda. I sure will never buy one again.

Pleasant Surprise
By Curtis789 on 12/26/09 18:53 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Japanese car. I am pleasantly surprised with the performance of this 4-cyl sedan. The 5-speed tranny is the best designed auto I've ever owned, getting the most out of the available power. For city or mixed use, get the 4-cyl. Full load or 100% highway, you may want to consider the 6-cyl. I did not drive the 6 speed auto tranny. Excellent design and build quality. I'm a small guy and I'm still searching around for the seat position that will match the comfort of my old Chrysler 300M, but the support is better in the Mazda. In many circumstances, the Mazda is faster, e.g., starting from red lights.

Mazda6
By Lisakaye on 12/16/09 08:21 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

You just cant beat this car on quality and performance....... Last car was a 05 mazda6. These are great cars. The 09 and up are bigger inside. (I didn't care) they are just great cars. Fast smooth reliable. And people will stare at the car wherever you go. Esp. The 09-10 models. People ask all the time "what kind of car is it?". I'm sure Mazda would like everyone on the road in one. But it is kind of Nice that they are not everywhere. Makes them unique to drive. Dang how many times do I see a Camry or altima on the road? constantly. Would I Rather have one? no! We tested cars for 6 months before we got this one. You just cant beat it. Zoom zoom zoom. By the way. Its my third Mazda.

Could't Be Happier!
By GQ on 09/12/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Got the 4-cylinder because I don't drive much highway (47 mile roundtrip to work). Right now I'm averaging 26 mpg!! Very happy with my purchase. got the Performance White color. Boy is it sharp!!! The only thing I have to get used to is going up hills. I need to pump the gas pedal a little bit.

The more I drive it, the less I like it
By MikeH on 08/21/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

There are way too many problems popping up with my Mazda6. So much so I am trading it in on something else. Headlight lenses that collect condensate. A/C that causes condensation on the dashboard. The car is 6 months old and it's got problems that shouldn't be occurring in an auto.

6i Grand Touring
By ctl on 08/06/09 21:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After driving the Mazda6, none of the other cars I tested (Altima, Accord, Legacy, Camry) could match the combination of features/performance/style. The acceleration is better than I expected with a 4cyl and the suspension has an excellent balance between handling and comfort. The Michelin tires do squeal too early though. The dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use. The GT has more features than I know what to do with. I especially love the blue tooth connection for my cell phone. The only minor disappointment is the gas mileage. After 2 months, I'm only getting 21 mpg in combo city/highway driving but that's a small price to pay for an excellent car.

So Far Not So Bad
By sangria6 on 07/30/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Oct 08 and received a great deal. Have 6200 miles on it and have not had any issues. Mileage is great, performance is great. Paint quality/durability seems to be lacking. Possibly needs a better clear coat? Ride comfort, features, quiet interior, and looks are really nice. No issues at all. Prefer the "old school" oil filter spin on canisters, but hopefully a conversion kit will be out soon.

nice car but.......
By rag723 on 06/10/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda6 is a nice car and a nice ride but I had problems with it. The gas tank has been replaced because it was making a strange noise, the lumber adjust broke, the weather strip on the windows have been replaced. I've spend alot ot time at the dealership and I only have 5K miles. Not sure if I would buy Mazda again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in WA is:

$164 per month*