Used 2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Didn't know practicality could be so fun
By Stephen

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Found a Black '09 i Touring (Plus) - Bose sound system with Satellite radio, sunroof, bluetooth, advanced keyless entry, Xenon headlamps, Leather w/cloth insert seating, 6 speed manual, cruise control. I've only had the car for less than a month, but am totally loving it! I've put 1800 miles on it already and don't want to stop driving - it's just too much fun. 6 speed manual is a very nice transmission, and although it's only got 170hp it can really move when you need it to. Fit and finish is very nice, and the doors even sound nice and solid when you close them. MPG is very respectable. Suspension is firm but comfortable. Loads of trunk space. Mazda has done a fine job with the 6!

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission, Bluetooth integration with stereo, keyless entry and push button start(you never have to get the key out of your pocket!), large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Seating is comfortable but could be slightly less firm, a few more horsepower would be nice(applies to 4 cylinder only)

Amazing ride
By Ra

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car! Have been driving since April and it is now mid September. I can't tell you how many times I am stopped by people who ask about my car. Not only does it look sweet, it drives like a dream - very smooth and fun! Best part is the roomy interior. I have two very tall teenagers who sit comfortably in the back as well as a very large trunk space. The 12 speaker Bose sound system sounds very good as well.

Favorite Features

I have the dual tone interior of tan and black and it look amazingly sharp. The seat is extremely comfortable and I love the dash and controls. Everything is logical and easy to use. I also love the ability to control my stereo from the steering wheel. The ride is wonderfully smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to see the artist and song they are playing on the display for the radio. This works for the built in Satellite radio; however, would be great for the regular radio as this feature has been around for years.

Pretty Sweet Ride
By rogerwa1

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked mine up this week. I think the looks are awesome, it rides very well. Just the balance of firmness and softness. The cabin is very quiet and the features, especially with the Convenience and the Bose package are well worth it. I will say the Bose, while sufficient, is less than I expected. It is a very comfortable and roomy car. The roomy backseat makes this a great family sedan. I was very surprised that I was able to get rubber in second gear. I have the 6spd and it pulls pretty nicely in 3rd and fourth but would like a steeper 6th gear OD. I also am having a hard time find a smooth 1==>2 shift point without winding it up.

Favorite Features

I love the interior and the exterior. The pushbutton and advanced keyless entry. The Bluetooth is great and the interior at night is cool.

Suggested Improvements

A little disappointed in low end torque and the tone of the exhaust. The Jetta Turbo and TDI torque and tone was better. Revs too high in 6th gear. It drives fine and is responsive but should be turning 2800 or so RPM at 70mph, not 3200.

I love my Mazda 6 (Zoom Zoom)
By omie m6 rocks

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

we finally made a choice between the mazda 6 and the ultima. love the maual mode and all the goodies that come with the mazda 6.

Favorite Features

keyless entry, push button start, bose, blind spot, interior lights, moon roof, spacious cabin, and neon lights

Suggested Improvements

wider tires, better gas millage

You will love it
By Howie

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I happen to like driving. The Mazda 6 is really the most fun to drive in the sedan catergory. Reasonably priced, nice to look at - very good quality inside too. I have researched the competition and have owned Acura/Lexus/Benz and could not be happier with this decision. You will be too.

Favorite Features

Handling, interior and exterior looks, quality feel and smooth ride. Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Make doors auto lock. Make option selections more flexible.