Used 2009 Mazda 6 s Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Love fades
By mazda convert

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new but seem to be owning it used. Rattles and squeaks abound. Does drive and handle well. Great pickup great brakes. Transmission down shift feels odd at lower speeds, almost like it stuck in neutral. Wind noise in cabin too loud at freeway speeds. Sound system is average or below par. I find the driving position/seat comfortable. Enjoy spirited driving. the interior and reliability does not live up to the exterior and performance.

Favorite Features

exterior styling, driving fun, blind spot monitoring, seats.

Suggested Improvements

more attention to quality. better mpg

Good but not great!
By txmazda

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We waited till we had some miles on our new car in order to give a more accurate review as almost every car seems great when brand new and no miles. After 11,500 miles we still enjoy the car but have had 3 issues with the A/C. I'm a bit concerned because each time the dealer has stated the issue has been fixed but then it breaks again. The service at the dealer (Roger Beasley Mazda) has been exceptional and if not for the A/C issues, we would be ecstatic with the car. I'm a Honda/Toyota guy historically (owned 6 hondas, 3 toyotas) but decided to venture out after reading all the quality issues with the new Hondas/Toyotas. The interior quality isn't as high as Hondas/Toyotas but is decent.

Favorite Features

Never having to take the key out of my pocket! Keyless unlock/lock/start/stop/trunk on a car at this price is awesome. We got the V6 and it has plenty of "zoom-zoom"! Decent gas mileage (23 MPG combined city/hwy) for all the zoom-zoom in my opinion (I'm not light on the accelerator either).

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality interior components/plastics and more comfortable seats (we solved the seat issue by buying a $20 seat pad). Upgrade A/C system as A/C still doesn't cool like other cars in this price range or even some much less expensive.

Mazda6 V6 replaces Altima
By Aaron R

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A little over a year ago I purchased a new Nissan Altima. It was close to a strip model and I was never really satisfied with the car. Checked out the Mazda6 with the 4 cylinder and thought it was a nicely appointed car but the power was not what I expected. The dealer pulled around a Touring S model with the V6. Wow what a difference, I was sold as soon as I hit the acceleration. I got a great deal since they were having huge rebates and $1000 buyer loyalty credit. (Also own a 2007 CX7) I had an 07 IS250 and this car is almost identical in looks and features in my opinion.

Favorite Features

This car has alot of power off the line and the Bluetooth phone system works great.

Suggested Improvements

You have to get used to the seat support, it is alittle hard on your lower back. Stock 18 inch tires could have been a higher quality.

2009 Mazda 6 S Touring V6
By MK51

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2005 Taurus, looking for a car with updated design, performance, and technology. Definitely found the great design, performance and nice bells and whistles. Respectable gas mileage, 22 city, 27 highway. Somewhat disappointed in overall comfort and noise issues. High level of road noise from 18" tires, very sensitive steering, stiff ride, and noisy engine and compressor/fans (very annoying). Unfavorable reflection of top of dash in front window. Engine/fan noise addressed once, but not convinced it is entirely corrected. Will pursue with dealership and will get used to the other minor discomforts.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, smooth transmission, V6 performance, bluetooth, BSM, interior space, dual exhausts. Black exterior with cream interior, very sharp. Combination leather/cloth seats.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise/softer ride (maybe different tires), less sensitive steering (steering wheel pulls terribly on uneven surfaces),engine noise.

Buffeting
By deepblack

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When driving my new Mazda 6(I've had it two weeks) with the rear windows down there is severe buffeting and air pressure that caused the eardrums of three of us to hurt even though we only were subjected to this phenomenon for about 10 seconds. Never experienced this in any car I have ever owned. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? Did you call Mazda and what was their response? Also, I calculated the mileage I got driving locally and it was 23.7 MPG although the car's computer indicated 18.8 MPG. I really like my Mazda 6 overall with the minor exception of the buffeting issue noted above.Ha

Favorite Features

Handling is outstanding; engine is responsive; styling is unique, rear seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat bottom could be a bit wider before one feels the bolstering. Wind buffeting issue. Location of the button to change info display.