Used 2009 Mazda 6 i SV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Goodbye Mazda
By nms68

2009 Mazda 6 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased a Tribute for 4yrs and loved it, I was thrilled to get into the next lease, but 6 was the car to push at that time. I wanted a Tribute, but dealership no longer carried and convinced me this car was great. One month after driving off the lot, I began having battery problems. Something was draining it but no one knew what. They said it was my 3rd party installed REMOTE STARTER (had that disconnected), THEN they said it was a ROOM FUSE(?). Now I am being told it is a CONTROL MODULE. Brake light comes on on its own. This car has been at dealership over two months total with no resolution. When this lease is up, Mazda will never see me again

Favorite Features

Extremely roomy back seat (too bad I have to sit up front to drive) The body style is very sleek.

Suggested Improvements

Better train Mazda technicians to find problems with car (maybe this is just a New England issue)

Not so happy with M6
By Z.

2009 Mazda 6 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2009 M6 last week, it's already in service. With two problems, mind you - pretty minor, but still. One, the heating system did not work properly - radiator needed to be bled. Two, one of the air vents, driver side on the left, did not open. Some broken peace of plastic the dealership did not have in stock, it needs to be ordered, and then I have to go back again to have it put in. I bought this car because I had 250 k on my old Accord, I thought it's getting to old, and did not want to spend time in repair shops. I had one minor issue with the Accord in 10 years, at around 180 k km, and with Mazda, 2 issues in the first week.

Favorite Features

Handles nicely, great exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Little interior storage: no pocket under the dashboard, no back door pockets. Revs more than other cars, or at least more that Honda and Toyota: at 90 km/h, in 6th gear, it goes to 2300 rpm, Accord does 1900.