Used 2008 Mazda 6 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Good Buy
By Travis

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Most dealerships will be selling for above KBB value, but that seems pretty standard on these Mazdas. Worth the buy.

Great fun car, but scary to drive @times
By hp

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 12/2008; I sold it in less than 6 months. The car handles great, pickup is ok; but when there's even little snow on the street; if its raining or if there are potholes and you're going over 45mph; it seems like you're drifting. Imagine if you driving a semitruck and on every bump you noticed the trailer wavering. Its not as bad as that but close. I didn't feel safe driving it. Since I bought this car, I have heard the same compliant from other people I've met with a Mazda 6 and today for the first time someone with a Mazda 3 mentioned the same thing. When I bought the car, people were raving.

Stereo can get quite loud Handles great on turns

Figure out this drifting issue.

Zoom. Zoom.
By Jacob

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is awesome. I've had it for about a month and have had no problems yet. I bought it used with about 8500 miles. It has good engine performance as well as pretty tight handling. The 6-disc cd changer is nice and the sound system is okay (its no bose, but not bad). Overall its a good, reliable car to get around town.

6-disc cd changer, comfortable seats, decent sound

Audio input for iPod or MP3 player.

Excellent Car! Zoom Zoom!
By Charlie

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives and looks like a champ. The interior quality is good and body style looks great! It picks up pretty good for a 2.3 4 cylinder. Has better standard features than other competitors. You cant go wrong with the Mazda 6.

6 disc changer, dual exhaust, interior quality, steering wheel audio controls. Tiptronic.

None

Brakes
By annoyed

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second 6. I had a 2006 Mazda 6 and recently purchased a 2008 6. I have just 2,000 miles and once AGAIN, my brakes are shuttering and pulsating and my steering wheel has vibration from the brakes.I had the same issue with my 2006. Now I have to again bring the car in to be checked. The only concern is after I repaired the 2006, new brakes, rotors, I had to after, 1,500 miles have the new rotors re-surfaced! I am hoping I do not have the same issue all over. Mazda needs to fix this problem! I do not think I will purchase another Mazda. This is a pain, to say the least, also quite expensive to repair.

Body style

Sound system needs improvement. More pick up regarding speed.