2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Great fun car, but scary to drive @times
By hp on 05/02/09 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 12/2008; I sold it in less than 6 months. The car handles great, pickup is ok; but when there's even little snow on the street; if its raining or if there are potholes and you're going over 45mph; it seems like you're drifting. Imagine if you driving a semitruck and on every bump you noticed the trailer wavering. Its not as bad as that but close. I didn't feel safe driving it. Since I bought this car, I have heard the same compliant from other people I've met with a Mazda 6 and today for the first time someone with a Mazda 3 mentioned the same thing. When I bought the car, people were raving.

Zoom. Zoom.
By Jacob on 02/22/09 17:46 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is awesome. I've had it for about a month and have had no problems yet. I bought it used with about 8500 miles. It has good engine performance as well as pretty tight handling. The 6-disc cd changer is nice and the sound system is okay (its no bose, but not bad). Overall its a good, reliable car to get around town.

Excellent Car! Zoom Zoom!
By Charlie on 01/30/09 21:17 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives and looks like a champ. The interior quality is good and body style looks great! It picks up pretty good for a 2.3 4 cylinder. Has better standard features than other competitors. You cant go wrong with the Mazda 6.

Brakes
By annoyed on 09/12/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second 6. I had a 2006 Mazda 6 and recently purchased a 2008 6. I have just 2,000 miles and once AGAIN, my brakes are shuttering and pulsating and my steering wheel has vibration from the brakes.I had the same issue with my 2006. Now I have to again bring the car in to be checked. The only concern is after I repaired the 2006, new brakes, rotors, I had to after, 1,500 miles have the new rotors re-surfaced! I am hoping I do not have the same issue all over. Mazda needs to fix this problem! I do not think I will purchase another Mazda. This is a pain, to say the least, also quite expensive to repair.

More trunk room than my '01 Maxima!
By John Wilson on 07/06/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Two months into this car with a little over 4200 miles on the odometer. Only negative was a bad AC compressor at 2k miles but was fixed within 4 hours. Car drives and rides nice with plenty of room for the family including the boys baseball gear and a couple of chairs. I was looking at used Pontiac G6s when I found this one and couldn't be happier. Average mileage with 5 speed with mostly city driving is a low of 25 mpg and a high of 29 mpg so far with things only looking better as the car gets more broken in. So much better than the Maxima at 19 - 23 mpg which also asked for premium fuel. VERY happy with my new MAZDA6!

Really Like It!!
By Go Mazda Go! on 05/20/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a Mazda6, went from a Acura TL 2004 to this but gas prices were killing me, I do miss the power of the TL's V6 but this Mazda6 is really good looking and gives me a very decent mileage. I love the black on black combination. I was surprised at the quality of the cloth material used in the seats. I compared to the Camry and even though the Camry its bigger with a more powerful engine and better gas mileage the pricing factor makes the Mazda a better deal, I bought mine for 16,200 and it comes with 6 discs cd changer, 17 inches rims with michelin tires, dual exhaust system, well it is pretty loaded and for 16,200 WOW!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.