2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
2007 mazda 6 saved our lives
By flatsider on 04/16/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

March 26, I385 north taveling at 65-68 mph,we were hit with basically a high speed pit manuver which put us in a spin off the interstate,down and up an imbankment through a chainlink fence across a frontage road and back into the fence and a pine tree.It completly totalled the car and we walked away with just minor brusies and a little whiplash,not a scratch.The suprising thing was no air bags deployed as we didn't strike anything with the front of the car.I'm convinced the car saved our lives.We have since purchased another 6 and waiting on delievery.Great car!

Impressed
By Matt on 07/26/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

OK, first I need to provide a little background on my previous vehicles; my last 6 vehicles have all been V8s, they have also all been GMs. That being said, a 4 cyl. motor is going to feel down on TQ and HP, no matter who builds it. And, I was fully prepared for that before I bought the 6. I love this car, period. I am a sales rep and I drive a lot for work. I wanted a taut, well mannered car that had a sporty feel and was good on gas. The 6 fits the bill. I bought my '08 used with only 8300 miles. For the price this car can't be beat. Long road trips are a breeze. I can drive 250+ miles nonstop, and get out feeling very little signs of discomfort or fatigue. I am 6'3".

Saved our lives
By Seal on 02/11/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I want to say in this review is that I was traveling 75mph Eastbound on I-10 out of Texas and had an incident in which I sideswiped a guard rail and it sent me into a skid into the guardrail on the opposite side of the road on an overpass. The car was totaled and the car was demolished. The engine and transmission was ripped from the car as we rolled onto the roof. My wife and I walked away with bumps and scratches, and dirty drawers, but the vehicle saved our lives. The cabin remained intact, and we walked away. Kudos on crash impact for this vehicle. We just purchased the exact same car ;)

3 Months later
By Robert145 on 05/14/08 08:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I'm enjoying the car. I did notice that it does not have a good tight turning radius. I have been on the highways somewhat. Very quiet comfortable ride. The glove box is small. I miss the compass on the rear view mirror.

2008 Mazda 6i Grand Touring
By Robert145 on 02/27/08 12:09 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

So far, so good. I've only driven it about 600 mi. but according to my numbers, I'm getting more like 27 mpg around town. I have tested it at 1/4 tank and 1/2 tank. Being an 18 gal. tank, I'm averaging 500 mi. per tank. I haven't had the car on the highway yet. Time will tell. The car is very responsive and fun to drive. Very comfortable to drive. The 8 way drivers seat offers good adjustments. I'm 6'1" tall with long legs. Plenty of room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.