Used 2008 Mazda 6 i Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Belly flop
By Dan

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bad decision on my part to buy this car. All the other reviews are wrong - these are cheap, unreliable cars. The car has been trouble from the first month of ownership. The roof liner is falling down and my seats show significant where and tear. I've had this car in the shop all too often for engine noises and vibrations. Dealer told me that the engine mounts are worn out and need to be replaced. This is the only car I've ever owned that has had a problem with the engine mount. The engine mount! Really?! I will never by Mazda again.

Not what I thought a Mazda would be
By christy22

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 with 36,000 miles on it.
Right away, I had A/C issues.
With 90,000 miles on it, I had to have the transmission rebuilt and change out the valve body.
As I now understand it (reading consumer reviews on the issues of this car), the valve bodies are made overseas and built with a poor grade metal so these cars have transmission issues.
I finally sold the car 1 month ago having rebuilt the transmission and fixed the A/C 3 times.
I had only heard good things about Mazda's, but I won't buy another one.

Transfer manufacturing of valve bodies to another location that would build with better grade metal.

Wonderful car for long commute.
By joemerchant1

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for a year now and added over 25K miles to the odometer.
I bought this car for commuting and second car as I also own a 2012 Ford F-150 and my wife has 2010 Camary.

The only bad thing I can say about this car is the leather is not very good and cracked under the front corner which does not get any wear from sitting.
Other than that, it gets 29 MPG hand calculated at every fillup no matter what gas or the season.
The little 4 banger is peppy and gets to speed well.
The gearing of this car is terrific as I find many cars are not geared well with mismatched engines.
Mazda did a wonderful job matching the transmission to the engine.

Fuel Economy Handling Cost of Ownership Comfort Solid build Gearing. The engine is matched well to the transmission at all speeds. Low RPM, good torque and good economy on the highway. It likes to be driven

Seats pull from the bottom on many I looked at

WOW!
By jlynreid

2008 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

While it may be a bit premature having just bought the car a week ago... but WOW is all I can think to say. Beautiful on the inside & out. Comfortable, roomy, classy, smooth ride... everything within reach. I researched cars for 2 months prior before finally 'settling' on the Mazda 6 & fell in love as soon as I got in. Drives as beautifully as the Volvo S40. 24.5 miles per gallon (city) & Miami traffic is constant stop & go. I'm completely impressed with this car. I love it!

audio control on the steering wheel, choice between automatic or manual, smooth ride, awesome handling in the rain, superb sound system... the list goes on

auto locking doors! wish it came with a valet key also to carry around when I'm out... the key is very large & costly to replace.. $190. YIKES!