2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Luv it!
By Sarah on 01/15/09 12:12 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my car yesterday after doing lots of research and I don't regret it. Buying a used 08 with low mileage fully loaded was a much better deal than getting a new 09 base model. The 08 is more fun to drive and it feels very sporty. Plus it has better gas mileage than the 09.

Protege ES replacement
By badger_mazdaman on 09/03/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had owned a 2002 Mazda Protege ES. That car was such a well controlled handler, but was starting to get too punishing on midwestern roads hammered by a hard winter. The 08 Mazda6 is almost as fun to whip around as the Protege, but a much easier car to live with - better balance between fun and comfort. But of course handling still beats the pants off an Accord or (yawn) Camry! Size was just-right for me, and comfy enough in back that I don't feel guilty putting passengers back there like I used to.

I like it
By Rob Ovel on 08/15/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't fall in love with it until they pulled it up for me at the dealership. Got almost 31 mpg on a 5 hour drive to KC which shocked me. CEL came on, dealership reset w/o problem. Dashboard can easily be seen during day. I think people are driving with their headlights on which does dim the radio lights but you have to roll the knob on the dash up and it shows up, just as bright as at night. Turning radius is not the greatest. Kind of expecting one more turn of the wheel and then it stops. Very hollow sound on the roof during rain and driving through puddles. Interior's nice and I love being able to close a vent and not have air continue to blow out.

Great car for the money
By zoomzoom84 on 06/18/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Value Edition comes very noticeable and usable features such as a power front driver seat, 6 cd changer, and 17" alloys. This immediately puts the Mazda above many of its 4 cylinder competitors. The ride is smooth, the seats are great for sitting in traffic and long road trips, and I've averaged between 28-32 MPG for mixed driving! The styling is very trendy and the black casing for the tailights and headlights make it look extra sporty! This car is perfect for both commuting to/from work and for cruising around the city. The 5 speed manual shifts smoothly out of 1st and you can really feel the power at the top of 2nd and throughout 3rd. Engine is powerful enough for a 2.3L, 4 cylinder.

Owned almost 3 weeks
By Mary Lou on 05/01/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far I like the car, very sporty. Rides and handles nice, good pick up for a 4 cylinder. Good visibility, no obstructions, can see very well even with spoiler.

One Day Old
By Suzanne on 04/22/08 06:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded in my V6 Grand Am GT gas hog for a 2008 6I Sport Value Sedan. So far so good! Body styles are very similar. I like the sporty sedan style, but need ample backseat room for a carseat and passengers. I like the dash setup and there is still storage for my car clutter. My very favorite perk is the remote start, which works even from inside my office, =>100 ft away! Haven't decided whether or not I really love the VERY quiet engine (the vvrroooommm of a V6 is a beautiful thing!); the pickup is pretty good for a V4. Most of my miles are highway, so I'm looking forward to not having to visit the gas station so often. This isn't so much a 'fun' car; I'll leave that to my Jeep Wrangler!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.